World Idol | Golden Skate

World Idol

Blade1

On the Ice
Hey Everyone !

World Idol is suppose to be broadcasted on Christmas Day at 8:00pm (CTV) Just wanted to spread the word to other Idol fans out there. Should be interesting. Not sure exactly how this whole "World Idol" will unfold. I do know that they are going to be taping this in London, and its not going to be LIVE. Just wondering who is going to do the judging?

Anyways head up to all Idol fans. They are just taking people who have won during the 1st Idol's. So Kelly Clarkston will be competiting since she one the first American Idol, and for Canadians its Ryan Malcom.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is this being broadcasted on Cable, in Canada, or on FOX??? I haven't heard anything about it?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the heads-up Blade.........I'll be watching for this one.............42

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Hey all,

This event looks like it is going to be verrrry interesting. The favourites so far appear to be Will from Gr. Brittain and Kelly Clarkson. I believe there are 10 countries with contestants, including Canada, USA, Australia, Gr. Brittain, Germany.... and not sure who else. Only idols from first season shows were eligible, which is why Ruben is not competing. From what I have heard, it is broadcast on Xmas day on Fox and it's affiliates. The phone lines will be open for 24 hours following the performances BUT it appears that you will not be able to vote for your home country star. They also are going to use some type of mathematical genius to compensate for small vs. large countries - not sure how that will work, but it appears they have come up with some formula - can you say Controversy potential with a capital "C"... I can hear it already.

The results show will be broadcast on Jan. 1, 2004.

Blade1

On the Ice
sk8ingcanuck thanks so much for that. I didn't know if we were able to actually "vote" or there was going to be judges for this competition. Very interesting indeed. Makes it even more interesting if you can't vote for your own country, ie: people in Canada voting for Ryan, people in the US voting for Kelley. Would make it very interesting then.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
who cares who wins... it'll give me a chance to hear these other singers that everyone seems to know about LOL

icenut84

Final Flight
sk8tngcanuck said:
The phone lines will be open for 24 hours following the performances BUT it appears that you will not be able to vote for your home country star. They also are going to use some type of mathematical genius to compensate for small vs. large countries - not sure how that will work, but it appears they have come up with some formula - can you say Controversy potential with a capital "C"... I can hear it already.

They'll probably do something similar to how they work out the points for the Eurovision Song Contest. If you don't know, it's a yearly televised competition in Europe where every country (or most of them - don't know if every one of them enters) has a singer/band perform an original song. The population of every country can vote, but not for your own country. Obviously the populations differ a lot, so the way they do it is that once the people from each country have voted, the performance with the highest number of votes gets 12 points, next highest gets 10 points, etc. Then the points given by the populations of each country are added up.