Chock and Zuerlein announce end of partnership | Golden Skate

Chock and Zuerlein announce end of partnership

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
The first two potential partners (from the US) that come to mind for Madison are Todd Gilles and/or Keiffer Hubbell. Todd at 25 may be a little old, but Keiffer is only 22 (the same age as Zuerlein). Both are also 6'0" which would give Madison the opportunity for more impressive lifts than she had with Zuerlein at 5'8". Keiffer is also already in Michigan as he used to train with his sister Madison at the Detroit Skating Club.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sigh....I loved their Cabaret number. Hope Madison finds a good partner.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Can we go back to the regular season? It's much more fun than all these splits!! Goodness. I really like this team, and feel they have so much promise. Really disappointing.

lisou

On the Ice
Wow I was surprised at the C/P news but am gutted at this one ! I loved C/Z so much... :( On the other hand, Chock/Hubbell, if it indeed happens, sounds like an interesting combination.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Wow I was surprised at the C/P news but am gutted at this one ! I loved C/Z so much... :( On the other hand, Chock/Hubbell, if it indeed happens, sounds like an interesting combination.

They could present a very exotic-looking team =)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was my understanding that Keiffer Hubbell had retired from skating.

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
This is a direct quote from the icenetwork article announcing the Hubbell/Hubbell split.

Keiffer is exploring his options, both on and off the ice.
"I love Madison and the journey we have taken together," he said. "I am now excited about all the possibilities the future brings."

This leads me to believe that he hasn't formally announced retirement. Also, John Coughlin alluded to retirement when he split with Caitlin and now look what he is doing. Vanessa Crone even announced her retirement and then withdrew her statement.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh Darn, I love this team. I thought that this season they really shined. Greg is retiring from competition and is going to get his degree and also do some coaching, good for him, I am all for higher education. We will be seeing a lot of new pairings this upcoming season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I loved both of their programs this year. However, if it's time for Greg to finish college (transferring to Eastern Michigan), it's time.

And Madi is still only 18.

There are so many splits, it means there are several good partners out there.

Best of luck, Madi! in skating, and best of luck Greg in your college work.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Oh, my...

Well I wish them both the best , and a good partner for Madi..( I have to say the thought of Keiffer pairing up with a different Madison kind of tickles me..):)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The odds are against Madison for finding another partner and then getting back to a high level of competitiveness. I guess I'll have to start dating Madison Chock if I want to see her o-faces again. :(

jolen

Rinkside
This is a direct quote from the icenetwork article announcing the Hubbell/Hubbell split.

Keiffer is exploring his options, both on and off the ice.
"I love Madison and the journey we have taken together," he said. "I am now excited about all the possibilities the future brings."

This leads me to believe that he hasn't formally announced retirement. Also, John Coughlin alluded to retirement when he split with Caitlin and now look what he is doing. Vanessa Crone even announced her retirement and then withdrew her statement.

The announcement said she was continuing in skating, trying her freeskate test, possibly coaching and taking some courses parttime. Paul said he was looking for a partner immediately, so it looked like she was stopping. But she never actually said she was retiring - just listing options.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Really shocking for me...in my mind I brushed off much of the rumor going around about their split because of their chemistry and successful season. However, if Greg truly does not feel the motivation to skate competitively any more, I feel like this was the best thing. He mentioned a "new chapter in life"...and when skating becomes more of a pain than enjoyment, and you are just going through the motions, then it's the right time to hang up the skates.
Best wishes to them both, and I look forward to hearing about further developments on both of them!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was hoping this split was nothing but rumor, but I wish them all the best.

lavender

Record Breaker
I think I’m in the twilight zone. It all seems so weird. Almost all of them seem so premature. All I can do now is just shake my head and wait for the next one to shockingly end. I don’t think this streak has ended yet.