Florent Amodio to Tom Zakrajsek and Ashley Wagner to John Nicks ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Florent Amodio to Tom Zakrajsek and Ashley Wagner to John Nicks ?

Trewyn

Medalist
Ashley to Nicks???? Wow... that is absolutely schocking! Has Nicks been training any elite ladies skaters recently? Last time I remember seeing him was Sasha's 2010 US Nats programs...

And yeah; Ashley and Priscilla were like family! Ashley lived in with her and her family. I do remember reading a vague facebook/twitter post mentioning something about change. For a moment I thought she was going to retire, but then I saw she was also talking about her new competitive programs.

No idea if it's a good move. It's clear that she needs a change. Ashley improved quite a bit under Priscilla but the past season felt like stagnation...

ETA: on Ashley's FB four hours ago: she's officially a Cali girl :)

Florent to Tom? Weird.

Last edited:

Neda

Rinkside
FFSG RELEASE: N.MOROZOV will prepare the choreography of Florent AMODIO’s both programs for the next season in New York starting June 10th.
The 21 years old new European Champion is quite happy to work with the coach of the reigning world champion Miki ANDO.
This will close the rumors speaking about the end of their cooperation.

FFSG RELEASE: N.MOROZOV will prepare the choreography of Florent AMODIO’s both programs for the next season in New York starting June 10th.
The 21 years old new European Champion is quite happy to work with the coach of the reigning world champion Miki ANDO.
This will close the rumors speaking about the end of their cooperation.
The problem with Morozov and the male skaters is his penhant for thinking Men need 'show' routines. A serious male skater without the 'cute' stuff will beat him. Yet for Miki he does serious routines You figure.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm surprised about Ashley's decision too, if it's true. She always seemed so close to Priscilla. I too am skeptical that John Nicks is the right move for skater whose main problem is technique on some of her jumps. And her SS could use improvement too, though.

However, maybe we are judging John Nicks too much by the flaws of the last great skater he had, Sasha. Just because Sasha never ironed out her flutz and things like that doesn't NECESSARILY mean that Nicks doesn't pay attention to things like that.

Tom Z would help Ashley with her jumping but not necessarily with her speed. On the other hand, Ashley might have been drawn to the fact that John Nicks doesn't have any A-list ladies at the moment. although, doesn't he coach Courtney Hicks?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I wish Ashley would go to Raphael instead. He isn't coaching anyone noteworthy right now AFAIK and he'd really help her clean up her technique.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Tom Z would help Ashley with her jumping but not necessarily with her speed. On the other hand, Ashley might have been drawn to the fact that John Nicks doesn't have any A-list ladies at the moment. although, doesn't he coach Courtney Hicks?

I think so, but Hicks isn't even CLOSE to "A-list" status at this point.