CBC lands 5-year deal to broadcast skating | Golden Skate

CBC lands 5-year deal to broadcast skating

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2011/06/08/sp-isu-cbc-deal.html

"This deal solidifies CBC's long-term commitment to acquiring marquee, signature sports events that entertain and engage Canadians," said Jeffrey Orridge, the executive director of CBC sports properties, in a statement. "Viewers have come to expect nothing but the best from our skating coverage, and this ensures fans will see Canadian champions competing on the world stage in the most important international figure skating and speedskating competitions."

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
:biggrin::thumbsup::think:

Thanks Skatefiguring

Does this mean we will have a double transmission going on for some events, both on CBC and TSN??

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's only going to be Skate Canada and Canadian Nats on TSN/CTV.

Antilles

Medalist
Blue, you are correct. It will be interesting to have events from two different broadcasters. I am glad CBC kept most coverage, since they do wonderful extensive coverage of all of their events online and on Bold.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This is awesome news!!! I love the CBC's coverage of figure skating. Goodness knows we have enough hockey coverage to last a life time....

Go CBC Go!!:biggrin: