The Broadmoor Open | Golden Skate

The Broadmoor Open

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The Broadmoor Open club competition begins tomorrow and live stream costs $30. Pretty steep for a club competition though it must be a fundraising effort. Has anybody here subsrcibed or is planning to?

Patrick Chan is in it for the combined (SP + LP) as well as for Jumps. So I'm particularly interested to see his new LP, and Chan and Bradley head to head in jumps should be fun and exciting. Mroz is in there too. Wonder how well all the skaters, male and female, will do their jumps outside their programs.

Are there your favorite skaters in this event?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I've heard unofficially that Patrick Chan may only do the Senior Men's Jumps event, so don't buy the webcast if you only want to watch him compete his short and/or long programs.

I enjoy watching this competition online every year and am looking forward to see the many young, up and coming skaters.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Actually I was and would be surprised that Patrick would unveil his new program this early. He usually debut his season and new program at Liberty Open but I'm not sure if he will be there this year. He will be doing Artistry On Ice in China (starting July 22 in Beijing) and then on to Korea whereas Liberty will be July 12-16.

In any case, I hope to see some Broadmoor on YT.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
No, Chan is not registered for Liberty this year. I've compiled an unofficial, preliminary Liberty roster of notable skaters at this link.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Two questions: Will it be televised? -- and -- Why can't it be considered a "b" event?
No, just the stream.

It can't be a Senior B event as currently is because the officials are all from the US (unless there's a few Canadian judges invited) and there aren't enough foreign skaters competing.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
As far as I know, Liberty will not be webcast. Broadmoor Open will be webcast for a fee.

There has been talk of including a Senior B event at Liberty in the future (like Thornhill in Canada this year), but it has to be organized and run with international judges and technical panel officials. Liberty has had international judges from Canada and Finland in past years.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And you also need competitors from a number of countries. CO Springs has had fewer countries represented in the competitor group0 as well as in the judges panel.

I do hope Liberty will be a Senior B next year!
Liberty has no dance section though.

I hope Lake Placid Dance will be a Senior B as well-it also has had international judges and competitors in years past.