Ando to sit out Grand Prix season | Golden Skate

Ando to sit out Grand Prix season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Japanese news agency says world champion Miki Ando will sit out this year's figure-skating Grand Prix season.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^^I do! LOL It's the same stuff rehashed every year with the same old news hitting the boards - so and so will sit out, so and so will not be skating with so and so... and I don't get to see anyone jump or twirl on the ice while they do it *pouts* (and my favorites always break up, or retire, so the news is never fun)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will be interested to see who replaces Miki as a seed. I assume also that YuNa will not do the GP either, and will be replaced.

npavel

On the Ice
One of them should be Nagsu as she has higher seasonal best then some of the seeded skaters

Krislite

Medalist
It seems Miki might sit out the whole season as well. It will be really interesting to see how the others step up now. This opens the door for the European ladies to grab more spots on the Worlds podium, unless Mao and Yuna regain the upper hand and Mirai finally gets a handle on her nerves.

R.D.

Record Breaker
If she sits the season out, opens the door for the field doesn't it? Man.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm glad to hear it. It'd be good if Mao sat out too...I really think she needs the rest.

Still, with Yu-Na and now Miki out for the GP, we'll see a very interesting re-shuffling of the front-runners, especially with all of the newbies coming in.

This season should be exciting :biggrin: