Chock & Bates to team up | Golden Skate

Chock & Bates to team up

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Well this for sure is not the most surprising news. Madison is a beautiful girl but in no way does she hold a candle to Emily when it comes to skating. However, it will be interesting to see the new team Chock/Bates next season.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. The skaters are playing musical chairs, unfortunately someone is always left out.
I hope Emily is successful in arranging a new partnership.

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
Packaging will be crucial for this team. I can see a classic American Musical Theatre piece suiting them well, i.e. Gershwin, Cole Porter, Frank Loesser, etc. Evan's classic look and Madison's ability to perform and chew the scenery would suit the style well. I really want them to look into Anything Goes.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I wish them the best but I'm still upset with S&B splitting. I'm not crazy about Madison but I'm sure she will have the possibility to shine more now that she has a taller partner.
Hope Emily will find a great partner and will continue to compete.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Packaging will be crucial for this team. I can see a classic American Musical Theatre piece suiting them well, i.e. Gershwin, Cole Porter, Frank Loesser, etc. Evan's classic look and Madison's ability to perform and chew the scenery would suit the style well. I really want them to look into Anything Goes.

Agreed. I assume they will be taking from Zueva and Shbilband, so I am confident that team can come up with something to suit them well.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish them the best but I'm still upset with S&B splitting. I'm not crazy about Madison but I'm sure she will have the possibility to shine more now that she has a taller partner.
Hope Emily will find a great partner and will continue to compete.
Isn't it only desirable for a girl to have a much taller partner in Pairs but not Ice Dancing?

Can't help but miss Zurlein, but the short demon got him. When Chock was shorter, he always looked like he took command and led her around the ice.

Samuelson, for me, always looked agressive when she danced and Bates looked a bit mamby pamby. Hopefully he will take over where Zurlein left off.

When Teams break up it's really about one member who wants a new partner, but we'll never know who initiated the split.

CassAgain

On the Ice
I think that this new team has a lot of potential, but I hope Emily finds someone good, as well. She is absolutely stunning on the ice.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think that this new team has a lot of potential, but I hope Emily finds someone good, as well. She is absolutely stunning on the ice.

Yes, I felt that Emily was a stonger dancer than Madison, Emily finished everything off so well, perfectly pointed toes and great posture.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Isn't it only desirable for a girl to have a much taller partner in Pairs but not Ice Dancing?

I remember watching C&Z FD at TEB and thinking that he was almost invisible and that she was always in control. Also the lifts didn't seem to have the same impact as some of the other teams where the guy is taller. So I guess, Madison will benefit from skating with Evan. But hey... we all gonna have to wait and see. Maybe I'm wrong...

KKonas

Medalist
Sorry to hear of the recent dance splits. Understand that Zuerlein was ready to move on with his life. He was working as a coach to help with expenses. Did hear that Chock tried out with Collin Brubaker and Keiffer Hubbell before Evan Bates, so both Brubaker who is 6'1" and Hubbell 6'
are available and apparently on the market. Perhaps Emily Samuelson will find one a suitable partner if she wants to continue. Hope it works out well for all.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Sorry to hear of the recent dance splits. Understand that Zuerlein was ready to move on with his life. He was working as a coach to help with expenses. Did hear that Chock tried out with Collin Brubaker and Keiffer Hubbell before Evan Bates, so both Brubaker who is 6'1" and Hubbell 6'
are available and apparently on the market. Perhaps Emily Samuelson will find one a suitable partner if she wants to continue. Hope it works out well for all.

Weird, I thought Keiffer Hubbell was retiring.

cornell08

Final Flight
Its just that Madi skates so slow...her twizzles especially. Greg would always either pull or guide-push her forward so she'd catch up with him after those. I honestly cannot imagine C/B being a better technical team than S/B. Emily had the best toepoint in the business and as much vivacity as Madi along with better skating skills. However, that being said, I think they'll have more chemistry together than with their old partners. I would have preferred Chock & Hubbell and MadiHubbell & Bates though.