Japan Open | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japan Open

NMURA

Medalist
According to the official page ....

Evgeni Plushenko and Kiira Korpi are out due to injury.

On the same day Kiira Korpi is found on the roster of Finlandia Trophy :laugh:

It's only two weeks away. They'd better hurry up.

lcd

Match Penalty
So disappointed Kiira is not participating, but it is odd because she is listed for Finlandia, isn't she?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Japan Open preview by Jackie Wong of Examiner.

Star power is right, even if it's pre real season for these champs. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the new programs!

Patrick may not perform as well as Wong figures. Firstly, he is not going to do a new quad, which is scheduled for the Canadian Nationals if things go well. Secondly, he has hardly had time to train this summer at all, doing shows in Asia and now travelling to Japan. Koz and Dai did shows in Japan and will now compete at home as well, leaving them with much more time and energy to train and to compete. I think Team Japan and Team N America are quite even, much depending on the performances of the less consistent skaters and the pros who haven't competed for a while.

Patrick Chan Prepares Himself for Japan

The earlier Patrick Chan Prepares Himself for Korea from the summer turned out to be very popular. So someone caught him on tape again. :laugh:

OT but I have to share this video of a real Little Drummer Boy, Howard Wong of Malaysia.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Jezz, Patrick.... :disapp:

I am afraid his poor language skills, that caused him to look bad in numerous interviews, is not an issue. He is just like that.:disagree:

NMURA

Medalist
Last minute (?) roster change

Sara Meier -> Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

I was expecting something like this.:laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't think there's any live stream. :mad: But I'll try KeyHoleTV

TV Tokyo will broadcast 1600H -1715H Oct 1 and 2, which means early tomorrow and Sunday morning for Amercans, N and S.

I'm hoping for speedy Youtube uploads.

herios

Medalist
I don't think there's any live stream. :mad: But I'll try KeyHoleTV

TV Tokyo will broadcast 1600H -1715H Oct 1 and 2, which means early tomorrow and Sunday morning for Amercans, N and S.

I'm hoping for speedy Youtube uploads.

The japanese fans are usually fast uploading them, for this event included.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
1. N. America

2. Europe

3. Japan

Unofficial Results

Most outstanding - Tuktamisheva :clap:

Poor showing - Ando, and Takahashi who got hit with lots of UR.

Czisny gets a :thumbsup: for going for a 3/3, no idea if UR or E, but kudos go to TuK for doing 2 3/3s, one near the end of her program.

It seems most skaters were not quite ready, especially understandble with a short summer due to delayed Worlds. And JO results don't foretell regular season performances. It's definitely not the time to peak!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Good for Akiko & Joannie to have skated that well :clap:

I wonder whether Joannie will return to ladies competition in Canada? I hope so!

NMURA

Medalist
protocols

Ando officially announced to take a whole year off after the embarrassing performance. Maybe this would be her last competition as an amateur.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It seems the GOE values for ChSt1 are lower than before. :confused:

Strange that Pg 2 of Mens Protocol (Kozuka and Buttle) doesn't show for me.

Miki popped 3 jumps in a row.

eta. I get full protocol now.

Last edited: