Japan Open | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Japan Open

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Love Takahashi's new exhibition program, very Lambialesque, which I mean as a high compliment, something that can hardly be said about anyone else. Dai is showing his range. Whether or not there are invisible flaws (UR and E) to his jumps, they are beautifully executed here, with solid landing and nice flow out of them. Dai shows no nerves and no rust.

Yuzuru can learn a lot from this program, to complete each movement gracefully, flowing instead of frentically rushing from one element to the next. Florent can learn about a beautiful and meaningful pause even, maybe especially, in a competition program.

Simplicity of his costume in this program is most appropriate but we see how out of place it is for the Mambo! :laugh:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
More Team Japan photos since last night. This board too has been anxiously waiting for videos, wondering why the Japanese fans aren't so "friendly" (accommodating) this time? LOL.

eta. Oooh, a member there has the complete broadcast on videos for download. Any Baidu member on GS who could bring them to us? Please.

etaa. People there are downloading. Hopefully some will soon upload to accessible sites for us. Keep watch.

etaaa. Now people in the first link, who had drifted off into discussing tights over boots :laugh: are now discussing the skates from the videos. Sigh. #Jealous #Impatient

Last edited:

poloska

Rinkside
More Team Japan photos since last night. This board too has been anxiously waiting for videos, wondering why the Japanese fans aren't so "friendly" (accommodating) this time? LOL.

eta. Oooh, a member there has the complete broadcast on videos for download. Any Baidu member on GS who could bring them to us? Please.

etaa. People there are downloading. Hopefully some will soon upload to accessible sites for us. Keep watch.

etaaa. Now people in the first link, who had drifted off into discussing tights over boots :laugh: are now discussing the skates from the videos. Sigh. #Jealous #Impatient
I want to see Liza's performance so badly!!!!:biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I located this person's blog with JO for download. Will someone please reload these videos for us anxious folks here? Thanks.

eta. I've changed the link to a better/easier site.

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Love Takahashi's new exhibition program, very Lambialesque, which I mean as a high compliment, something that can hardly be said about anyone else.

Ahhh, was this ever mesmerizing? I watched him breathless...

Let's talk, Thank-you soooo much:thumbsup:

genki

On the Ice
Can you cite specific incidents to back up your argument? Otherwise, it sounds a little silly to me, giving an impression that you were being emotional rather than rational. It sounds like you were angry simply because Chan is so talented, able to rotate fully before he falls, which is hard to do for other skaters

I am not angry, because he is talented!! I am a die hard figure skating fan. I welcome all the talents to this sports and appreciate them all.
I am angry, because Chan was favored by judges so much. He was wonderful last year, with all quads and everything, but this type of winning with more than 84 on PCS with disruptive mucltiple falls sickens me. His SS is second to none. No question about it. But what about presentation, musicality and interpretation and so on?

It is so sad that current judging system has so many problems. I used to enjoy Yuna's beautiful skating. However, around 2009, when her PCS and GOE started to inflate unreasonably, I stopped enjoying watching her.

For the evidence of rotating fully and falls, I really want to see the video if you have ones which are convincing for all the figure skating fans.

skatinginbc

Medalist
For the evidence of rotating fully and falls, I really want to see the video if you have ones which are convincing for all the figure skating fans.

Now I finally got it. You were questioning if his rotations were truly full, making a big fuss even before you could see the video. It's called predetermined judgment, isn't it? Let's calm down. The video will come out soon, I hope.

Last edited:

raress

On the Ice
Liza looks better with her boots uncovered!:D And fantastic performance from her!...I want to see Alissa's to!:D