2011-2012 Programs by Discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2011-2012 Programs by Discipline

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Why are you shocked?
Personally, when I saw them, I was surprised that they looked so bad. But were you shocked in a good or bad way?

I am shocked they would 1. attempt it so soon after V/M used it 2. Attempt it, probably knowing V/M will truncate it into their SD this year.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I am shocked they would 1. attempt it so soon after V/M used it 2. Attempt it, probably knowing V/M will truncate it into their SD this year.

Well, their interesting choice of music was known for some time. But I was pretty baffled myself when I found out what they chose. I think they picked this music on purpose to show that they can skate latin better than V/M with the same music. But I'm pretty sure it will set them up for failure since I/K will be compared to the olympic and world champions the whole year.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
While they of course knew that V&M had used that music in their FD for the 2010/2011 season, I do wonder whether I&K knew when they chose the same music that V&M would be recycling their FD into an SD and using it too?

I don't recall what the sequence of announcements was myself, and I never knew and still don't know what was known in Russia and when.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert is not using last season's LP after all. I have read several reports of what he is skating to, but I'm not sure it's been officially confirmed, so let's leave it at that for now.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Does anyone recognize the music for Brian's SP?
The information on the first page of this thread is correct - it's Genesis by Justice; I'm not sure if he's also using the second piece that's mentioned. The cross on the back of his costume is the same as the design used by the band. I think it's too big.

BTW, the Matrix costume looks like the old one but it's newly made - he said that the old one was too short for him in the legs.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks for the extra info!

BTW, I just added a lot of stuff from ISU updates for the first 3 GP's, and from Finlandia

littlebird

Spectator
Some missing pieces from US skaters, mostly taken from icenetwork profiles :)

Agnes Zawadzki
FS Music: "Rhapsody in Blue" by Gershwin, performed by the Boston Pops Orchestra

Lynn Kriengkrairut / Logan Giulietti-Schmitt
SD Music: "Hielo y Fuego" by Olga Tanon, "La Vuelta" by Gizelle D'Cole

Heritage / Fast
SD Music: "Make You Feel My Love" and "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
FD Music: "Mr. Pinstripe Suit", Minny the Moocher" and "King of Swing" by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Chock/Bates
SD Music: "Chick Chick Boom"

Grant Hochstein
LP: "The Mission"

KKonas

Medalist
Ricky Dornbush just changed his SP from 16 Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford to Beethoven's 5th by David Garrett, according to teleconference today. Freeskate is the same music: Fist Full of Dollars, Ecstacy of Gold and The Lone Ranger.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Looks like Liebers is keeping his short from last season:   Blues Deluxe (John Bonamassa)

Zhan Bush
LP: Carmen by Georges Bizet (new arrangement)

russell30

Final Flight
Does anyone know the music Florent Amodio is skating to? He skated at Japan Open. Did anyone recognize his music?

Florent has 4 parts to his Free Program including:

Historia De Un Amor - Performed by Perez Prado
Ritmo De Bom Bom - Performed by Juababa
Esperame en el Cielo - Performed by Perez Prado
Fanfarra - Performed by Sergio Mendes

russell30

Final Flight
From Carolina's Website http://www.carolina-kostner.it/E-Programs.htm:

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2011/2012
Allegretto from Trio No. 2 by Dmitri Shostakovich

Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2011/2012
Concerto No. 27 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season 2011/2012
Allegretto from Trio No. 2 by Dmitri Shostakovich This is performed by Eroica Trio