Oh, my goodness | Golden Skate

Oh, my goodness

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It seems as if a few posters are getting kind of riled up a bit here lately. Calm down people. We don't have to be insulting. I know, I've been known to say a few things I wish I wouldn't have but now it's gone on far enough. Let's try and be a little kinder about it, ok? :D

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny:

I thought this was supposed to be a "friendly" place to express our opinions - I soon found out I was wrong. Apparently, we must all remain "politically correct" to appease the masses. So much for freedom of speech.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
Grgranny:

I thought this was supposed to be a "friendly" place to express our opinions - I soon found out I was wrong. Apparently, we must all remain "politically correct" to appease the masses. So much for freedom of speech.

Now, now, Lad, as I told you on another thread, your opinions are always welcome anywhere! Your conservative friends (RealtorGal and Toni among others) are always there to listen. So what if there are those who disagree with you? Big deal! WE love you!:love:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Now don't you go anywhere Lad, your opinions are needed and important here.............42

windspirit

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
Grgranny:

The thread is about being nicer to others, and you complain that people protest if you want to be insulting. Now that's funny.

As for freedom of speech, don't forget that it was Fetal's main argument when he was asked not to insult, among other things, people's religion. If he couldn't say anythig he wanted, so can't we. The whole thing wasn't about what we say anyway, but how we say it.

Btw, it reminded me about a biology test we had when I was in fourth grade. Girls were asked to describe male genitals, and boys female ones. When the teacher brought the tests back, she read aloud one boy's to us. It began with "The c***..." It turned out that he used it, because he really didn't want to bomb the test, and that was the only word he knew for female sexual organs. I'm sure that people here know more words, but their insistence on using those of insulting nature is rather strange. If someone has to use only some words, and can't say the same thing using others, it's not really freedom, is it?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know Granny, you always try to bring the best out in us. I think that is what you are saying.

Thanks Granny,

Dee

Ladskater

Record Breaker
windspirit:

Me? Insulting? I wouldn't dream of it!! Where on earth did you get that idea? I strive to keep my comments diplomatic and stick to the theme of the thread. I do have and am entitled to my opinions - whether you think they are "judgmental" or not that is your business. I always try to be honest and keep things upbeat - there is enough unhappiness in the world.

I read many of the comments here and don't always agree with them, but respect those who form their own opinions. I still adhere to the principles I was raised by.

Remember - "Return evil for evil to no one...."

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Windspirit, would you enlighten me on what Ladskater wrote? I simply don't remember -this is what happens when you get old:laugh: . I surely hope all will try to be kinder now.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Grgranny:

It was my "gut" reaction to the posting about Jamie Sale's "cheesecake" poses for the magazine. I used the term "sink so low." Windspirit took this as my being "judgmental" towards Jamie. It may have been a poor choice of words, but I certainly was not casting judgment on Jamie. I was just caught by surprise as I had just seen Jamie in the World FS pro competition in Vancouver. I hold Jamie and David in the highest esteem - so was a little shocked. I guess because Jamie comes from Canada, as do I - that I could get away with a little "scolding." Oh well, this too shall pass.

Grgranny and others,
Great advice, especially with Nationals coming up. Let us bless our language, every one.:)
Rgirl

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Everyone brings something to the board, Just off of the top of my head.......

Grgranny, besides being the expert on spelling, like Dee said tries to bring out the best in us. An eggnog toast to Grgranny (no alcohol).:)

Lad, comes across as having the purest love of the sport of anyone here. She is the ambassador of Canadian figure skating not only for her enthusiasm, but also her historical knowledge. An eggnog toast to Lad(sweetened with maple sugar).:)

Toni, shows us of the joy of being a fan. Her willingness to put her beliefs and convictions out there is truly admirable especially in one so young. Too cold for eggnog in Alaska. A hot cocoa toast to Toni(with lots of marshmallows and a candy cane).:)

RGal, keeps us from taking things too seriously, while making sure the sacharin level never gets too high, and reminds us that we all need a life outside of skating. With that Southern Cal weather :D a nice frozen margarita toast to RGal( OK, with chips/salsa on the side).:)

Rgirl, (twin of above mentioned RGal) has more knowledge about more things "hands down" (that WILL get you a deduction though:D ) Always there with why the body "do the things it do".
A double expresso toast to Rgirl (caffiene is needed to write those posts, with some Godiva chocolates...marathon writing requires carb loading)...and you thought we didin't read EVERYTHING you write.:)

Mathman, all around Golden Skate Great Guy! Keeps us civil and knows all that "number stuff" too. Plus, is one heck of an agent.
A Campbell's Soup toast to Mathman. (with Michelle on the can which will be sipped with each finger held at the appropriate level):)

Joesitz, diplomat, moderator extrodanaire, knows his skating and
his ballet. Here's a Christmas surprise for Peter Caruthers...when Dick retires he will be replace by our own Jositz:eek: . A very dry martini toast to Joesitz.(he will need the alcohol to put up with Peggy):)

Paula, Golden Skate creator, web mistress, and soon to be famous for her rotisserie roasted chicken. Let's us all come out and play at her place without too many rapped knuckles or time outs. A magnum of your favorite champagne to do with as you please. (hey, it's her board:) ).

To all of the rest of you all of your favorite things shared with all of your favorite people in a happy, peaceful New Year.

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Piel,

I just LOVE your toasts to some of our favorite GS posters! That was such fun to read.

Merry, Merry......ya know.....Xmas and New Year!