Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

Kypma

Final Flight
Just a quick note...DeSanctis will be competing at Skate Canada. I don't know about Balde though..I would suspect he also will be there.

Despite not having reached the minimum score for participation in the GP series?

FTnoona

Final Flight
I don't really like how Yuzuru's fs music changes from the first part to the part that he used in his exhibition programs in the summer. It seems kinda sudden. It's probably b/c I've been listening to the part he used for his summer programs so often :D

ordinary person

On the Ice
Personally i'm surprised there's only four sp videos of the ladies and no lp videos at all, especially when one of my favorite skaters has won.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Doris:

Thank you for posting Zhiganshina & Gaszi FD video. Loved their program! I have a feeling that our "costume police" may approve of their outfits. ;)
Zhiganshina's simple and flowing costume looks beautiful, though Gaszi's henry neck white shirt has room for improvement! :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I really like Z&S's FD!

And here I thought a team had to be boring to skate to Romeo & Juliet.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wow, Lori gave Mirai a pile of poo to skate to. Time to get a refund.
The only nice thing about it is the dress.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, Lori gave Mirai a pile of poo to skate to. Time to get a refund.
The only nice thing about it is the dress.

I don't even like the dress. Powder blue does not go well with Mirai's complexion and the styling is just blech. Hopefully this is just a pre-season dress and they'll be improvements by Nationals.

Congrats to Mirai on winning her first Senior International gold medal! Jumps and edging still need work but there's time. It's early in the season yet. :cool:

I'm not in love with her LP choreo but again it's early yet. There's room for improvement.

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
I agree, I think both of Mirai's dresses are styled similarly and it's not that flattering a style on her. It looks like they are trying to "hide" something with the ruching and the powder blue is bleh! I am not usually one to take on costumes, but these could use some help.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Loved R & H's program! All the lifts are interesting. They made a great deal of improvement compared to last year. Good for them. :)

fairly4

Medalist
good job on hubbell/donohue fd

i thought the cop was suppose to stop/curtail telegraphing jump passes. Unfortunately for Mirai, that is all I noticed was her jumping passes being telegraphed.
Granted it is early, she seems to be headed in the right direction (ready wise for grand prix events)
she still appears a bit rusty.-but overall a decent job for Mirai.

she is heading down the right track as well as hubbell/donohue.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: This is a good dance for R/H. ( Bravo for keeping the shoulders down Kharis ! That's a big difference . )They have some very nice highlights , and some I'd rework , if it was me. The lift they had trouble with, here , worked on pj's highlight reel , and it's lovely.I don't care for the one where she's balanced on his back-extended leg. I know it's difficult , but it puts him in such an unflattering position , I wish they'd replace it. ..Nice dress.This neckline really works for Kharis ..glad they used it again. I, too, am glad they're out of Africa.

I like the simplicity of Z/G 's costumes too...refreshing!