Cheltzie Lee has retired | Golden Skate

Cheltzie Lee has retired

burntBREAD

Medalist
Not sure if this has been posted else on GS, this is quoted from an poster on FSU

"Cheltzie has withdrawn from the Brisbane JGP and has retired from competitive skating but she can continue to be seen at her home rink training several times a week. Her decission is not based on ongoing injury problems but more on the impact competitive skating has had on her life."

Very sad and disappointing. I hope she comes back! I really enjoyed her skating, particularly her SPs of the last two years. I wish her all the best.:thumbsup:

Oh, rats! What a disappointment. She's a charming skater, and she seemed to have a lot of promise. It was also great to see a skater from Australia on the world stage.

At least she had a moment in the sun on Olympic ice. (IIRC; it was the Olympics, not Worlds, where we saw her, right? If not, I stand corrected.) I'm sure that's something she and her fans will always remember.

If her skating is wearing her down and taking away from other things in life that she values, it's probably wise for her to step away, at least for a little while, rather than burn herself up in the pursuit of skating glory. But I am very sorry to see her go. I hope she has many other good adventures in her future.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
At least she had a moment in the sun on Olympic ice. (IIRC; it was the Olympics, not Worlds, where we saw her, right? If not, I stand corrected.) I'm sure that's something she and her fans will always remember.
Yes, she was at the Olympics! I'm disappointed to see her retire, but it's a feat to go out being able to say that you are an Olympian! :cool:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, rats! What a disappointment. She's a charming skater, and she seemed to have a lot of promise. It was also great to see a skater from Australia on the world stage.

If her skating is wearing her down and taking away from other things in life that she values, it's probably wise for her to step away, at least for a little while, rather than burn herself up in the pursuit of skating glory. But I am very sorry to see her go. I hope she has many other good adventures in her future.

Yes, she was at the Olympics! I'm disappointed to see her retire, but it's a feat to go out being able to say that you are an Olympian! :cool:

:thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear this - she was a pleasure to watch. She brought something special to the ice and could have gone further. I bet the Australian FSA is unhappy about this. Well, best wishes to her - I'm sure she has other talents to develop and she can now focus on college or university if she wants to.