Akiko Suzuki thread: a beautiful and brilliant performer! | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki thread: a beautiful and brilliant performer!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
I love her LP this season! She might still have the telegraphing issues but this new direction, away from her usual passion full of theatrical programs, me likey!

Will have to check out her SP, thanks Okami.

doubleflutz

On the Ice
I really love her programs this season, and hope she has a very good one. I think her LP dress is a lot more flattering than last season in terms of the cut, but I wish she'd find a better color and ditch some of the sequins. Something about the blue and white and the swirling/curving cutouts reminds me of the design of a box of toothpaste.

christinaskater

Medalist
She is one the rare performers in the sport. I am so happy that she has really made an effort to improve her elements. She looks amazing and ready. I love her musicality, confidence, joy and passion!

I hope she pulls it together in the major events and take her spot where she belongs!

Hoping for a breakthrough season for Akiko!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
With Miki out for the season and Mao still in the rebuilding phase, Akiko and Kanako are the big names for Japan this season and I really hope the judges give them the appropriate scores.

I love Akiko! I love how much energy she gives to her programs and the commitment she gives to her choreography. IMO, she's one of the top three performers in the sport. Very few people give their all like that every time they step on the ice.

She is a treasure and I really hope she earns a trip to worlds this year. :biggrin:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Akiko is one of my favorite ladies skaters! I just love her speed, energy, and footwork. She has this special spark on the ice. She reminds me a bit of Yuka Sato; both have a similar joyous, enthusiastic quality to their skating. They make you feel like skating is fun. I am so glad Akiko is continuing this year and hope she has a great season!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm also on the Akiko love train, since she I saw her win CoC two years ago with the West Side Story program. She's one of those performers that really comes across much better live than over a screen. So if you have a chance to see her in person, do so.

JDLutz

Rinkside
:love: :love: :love: Akiko is one of my favorite skaters of the last decade, She just brings such a joy to skating!, plus her step sequences are always :rock: I really hope that she is given the scores she deserves this season and she makes everyone realize how much of an asset she is to this sport. I would really love it if she could become Japanese champion before she retires, but whatever happens, My admiration for her is everlasting :)

christinaskater

Medalist
For me Akiko belongs to my all time favorite skaters list and there is a reason for that!

She is amazing yet so underrated. I hope she is given the importance that she deserves!

christinaskater

Medalist
As a child, she tried many activities such as swimming, playing the piano, calligraphy, and skating, “but I really liked the training,” and so she stuck with it. Her idol as a young skater was Michelle Kwan.

christinaskater

Medalist
"Of course, in competition the points are important, the ranks are important. But I've always wanted to transcend that.
"I want to perform through my heart and I want to communicate that essence to the audience." Akiko Suzuki

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
“In the future, I’d like to skate in shows and I’d like to dedicate myself to choreography,” Suzuki revealed. She looks up to Shae-Lynn Bourne in this field.

I think that would be a perfect career move for her when she's finished competing. I know I'd definitely seek her out to do my programs.:biggrin: Plus, she could teach a lot of these newer skaters (and a good amount of the older ones too!) a thing or two about performing: projecting to the audience, carrying the energy throughout a program and really committing to the choreography and character. She is amazing at doing all of those things...:thumbsup:

christinaskater

Medalist
"Of course, in competition the points are important, the ranks are important. But I've always wanted to transcend that.
"I want to perform through my heart and I want to communicate that essence to the audience." Akiko Suzuki

So much passion and commitment for the sport! Her love for skating exudes to everyone watching her. Magic like her idol Michelle Kwan!