Vanessa Crone...Is something in the wind ? | Golden Skate

Vanessa Crone...Is something in the wind ?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Of all the partners involved in the spectacular break-ups in the off season , we've heard the least about what was going on with Vanessa Crone. Now a kind poster on FSU , kppt , has posted this ( I hope this is allowed )

" I just heard that she has had some tryouts, and that one is in the process of solidifying. Maybe Keifer Hubbell?? And she's training with a smattering of different coaches in Montreal and Detroit. I guess time will tell..."

I'm feeling excited and curious about this . Does anyone else have any more insight ?

Ravensque

On the Ice
Yes, I read the same thing. Let's hope for the solidifying thingy to come about. I approached her last year at Skate Canada and found her to be a very delightful, outgoing young lady, and very gracious. I think she has been much maligned by certain "fans", and while she may have a minor posture issue, I always thought that she has many redeeming qualities....she is so fit and athletic and so light on her feet. There's just too much talent there to let it fall by the wayside. Paul seemed to get all the cudos, but I think she is just a talented. Good luck to her!!!! :)

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
CP has split!!! Shocked!!!!!!!!!!!Shocked!!!!!!!! That was stun that welcomed me back to a new season.

I am still in shock....not nearly recovered yet:unsure:

I found some critiques and speculations are quite unfair to Vanessa. She is a much more stonger skater comparing to Piper. Without her, Paul could never achieved what they've achieved as ice dancers in the past seasons. I found no reason for them to split..."we have different goals" is sort of a crappy filler for disclosure. I suspect there's some relationship problem involved. What a shame...I know I need get over it like many other fans but not there yet:rolleye:

Well, I guess I can spend more time watching VM, WP, PI, and RH now. I wish Vanessa all the best.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'm just going to repeat what I posted In the Cdn. Ice Dance thread.. In the hopes that there'll be some more news soon , and this thread can really take off :biggrin: ( Just my little attempt at sympathetic magic.) Ahem...

According to a post in the H/D thread at FSU ,Vanessa is in Detroit and has been skating at DSC with Keiffer Hubbell.

Hoping an announcement is pending. And to echo what others have said on that other thread..I'd imagine this school could make a vast difference in Vanessa's packaging..( all appendages crossed.)