Laura Lepisto withdraws from Grand Prix Series | Golden Skate

Laura Lepisto withdraws from Grand Prix Series

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
That's sad news. Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel that this might be it for Laura...:disapp:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
very rough translation....
Espoo Jäätaitureiden Laura Lepisto has been this season to leave the skates to nail. His left ankle outer edge of the nerve tissue is irritated. The ankle region is irritated over a wide area and not be able to put your skates Lepisto leg.

The pain has kept him off the ice for several weeks.

- I've tried a variety of skating pairs with different sizes and lasts. Padding has tried to get help, but nothing has helped, to find out doleful Espoo.

Ailment is now in its second leg last season. Irritability when the right leg and Achilles tendon. This season brings not given signs of its own.

Lepisto explains the beginning of summer have gone very well. Time, however, soon began to be in pain, he was regarded as a break from training. At the foot seemed to have calmed, he returned to the ice. Nerve tissue irritability again and again stood in front of harkkatauko.

You can not skate sneakers. "He recognizes practiced puolikuntoisena and trepidation. When he made the decision not to even try to go on the ice, living in a way easier.

- It is difficult to predict how long the improvement to the foot. This season's goals are pretty open. I believe the foot to improve, burst into tears for a while to convince the athlete.

- You can not skate in sneakers, sneers Lepisto moment.

He intends to give the foot to heal properly before returning to the ice. He has been to the gym and slowly made lajinomaisempaakin training. Training to break hard to move accustomed to 4-year old skating initiated the elite athlete.

- Once again I can train, pile the pieces carefully, so that should not be new problems.

Lepisto is not publicly refuses to consider the fact that his skating career was over.

He believes they can still come back to the top even though more than a year training, he has been erratic.

He says top-level sport is often accessible at risk. Lepisto feels that the train is released into the motivation of its top. So was he viimeksikin.

- The rehabilitation phase of just having a hard.

Comment .

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's dreadful, but I am glad that she believes she will recover, and will not have to retire from skating.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Poor Laura. I hope she can get through this bout of injuries. Wishing her the best.

That's really too bad. Lepisto has a unique talent and style.

This also puts quite a burden on Korpi's shoulders. Just a few years ago, the Finns had three ladies' spots, which is more than could be said for the U.S. I'd love to see them keep those spots in the Worlds.

mousepotato

On the Ice
That was heartbreaking to see her interview. I hope to see her recover very soon. She just needs to take it slow. I hope it's not the end of her career.

periperi

On the Ice
Oh, I hope Laura gets well soon... She really is such a beautiful skater, and her skating is one of the very few things that can keep me interested in lady's skating these days.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh, how sad. I was looking forward to seeing Laura again this season. Good luck to her!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a real shame. :eek: I hope she recovers completely from her injuries and that this is not a career ending one.