Yasmin Siraj regional short | Golden Skate

Yasmin Siraj regional short

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I just watched Yasmin Siraj short from Boston regionals and I think it is the most interesting exciting short Ive seen in awhile. Super choreography and a very cool and difficult flying spin. Her traveling camel with illusions goes perfectly with the music. WOW! Perhaps someone could upload it.

Vash01

Medalist
That was lovely. I like the way she takes her time to complete every move and does not rush. How old is she?

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Wow! Thanks for the link.
I first saw her at Nats last year and was very impressed. I'm not a technical expert or anything, but those spins are amazing. Especially the layback. Looking forward to watching her develop. 
She definitely looks taller than last year. If she gets any taller, I hope it doesn't mess with her jumps.

skatinginbc

Medalist
She is an incredible pianist! Wow!
Her piano-playing, which could easily have her admitted to a college music department, is light year ahead of Chan's that I saw a couple years back on Canadian TV. She is conscious of "emoting" through the keyboards, whereas Chan just went through motions, pretty much like his skating then. This cutesy little girl is a star potential and certainly has the support of her parents now, but--I don't mean to be prejudiced--when she grows more womanly, will her parents (Arab + Iranian) discourage her from skating in public due to cultural reasons? She can be one of the pioneers that shape cultures, and for this reason I wish for not only her success in skating competition but also a lengthy career in professional ice shows. I want her to WIN, WIN and WIN BIG.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I just watched Yasmin Siraj short from Boston regionals and I think it is the most interesting exciting short Ive seen in awhile. Super choreography and a very cool and difficult flying spin. Her traveling camel with illusions goes perfectly with the music. WOW! Perhaps someone could upload it.
I totally agree! It was awesome. Everything went perfectly with the music.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Sign... Yasmin is a lovely skater, so musical, I think mostly because she is a pianist and can feel the music so well. Her programs are well choreographed, much better than most of the senior ladies programs... But despite all that I don't see a bright future in seniors for her. Not with her current jump technique. I think she should work on her jumps now before it's too late. Otherwise she can be the second Caroline Zhang at worst or the second Alissa at best.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I absolutely love this girl! That program was fantastic! :thumbsup:

I noticed her last year at nationals...she really has wonderfully choreographed programs and she knows how to sell them. She's very musical and actually pays a lot of attention to the nuances of the music with her movements and that makes all of her programs stand out in my mind. So many skaters skate through the music; it's wonderful to see a skater who moves with and to the music.

I agree Lucky Star; her jumps do worry me a bit but not for the reasons you said. She's not in the same boat as Caroline Zhang or Alissa for that matter. I think her technique is pretty decent; she's just not a very strong jumper. She doesn't get a lot of height or distance on her jumps but they aren't bad. I think she should work on her air position--it could be tighter, especially in her upper body. I think her growth spurt will really tell the story (which it does with every skater).

I really adore her style though and I hope she's able to continue to improve. This sport needs skaters like her...;)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
So she is not eligible for senior world 2012- am I correct?
Correct. She will become age-eligible for ISU Senior Championships in 2012-13.

Who is her choreographer if I may ask?
Jamie Isley, according to her Team USA/Icenetwork bio. (Siraj's bio also says she "Is a competitive pianist who practices two hours daily ... Performed solo in a winners' concert at Carnegie Hall in 2009 and 2011.")

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I've seen her YT videos. She's an incredible pianist! :thumbsup: