Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

icellist

On the Ice
does anybody know any video clips of practices? So excited for the new season! and an improved Caroline!

Very interesting indeed about the 3 loop 3loop. i was expecting her to first add a 'tano 3 loop. and maybe hit a lutz on the correct edge

LeCygne

Final Flight
It's good to hear that Caroline is more comfortable with her triples now. Can't wait to see her programs a bit more polished than they were over the summer. As for the 3R-3R, I am doubtful she will have it ratified.. Like someone said, one 3R on the back end of a combo is hard enough, but two in combo? Especially for someone like Caroline who isn't known for her jumps, I don't believe the tech panel will be kind. That said, I'm all for being pleasantly surprised. :) Can't wait to see Alissa Czisny's upgraded tech content as well. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Nena

Rinkside
@unisports_skate just tweeted "Caroline Zhang hits 3Lo-3Lo" so she's still practicing them today. I hope she goes for it in competition.

fscric

On the Ice
Any reports on how Caroline's jumps are? Do they look fully rotated? Steady landing? Why is she focusing on 3-3 when she has so many problem with her jumps?

gmyers

Record Breaker
It makes sense that Kozuka would add a second quad - the men have to challenge Chan's 3.

SXTN

Final Flight
Kostner plans on water down her jump content again. This time not because of injury, but she wants to peak at Euro's and World's and take one step at a time.

She skates to Mozart and Shostakovich.

mystichaze

On the Ice
Love Carolina's music choices this season! I like her strategy regarding her jumps. I think she has a good shot at the World title. So excited for a full day of skating!!!!!

feraina

Record Breaker
Ladies practice (from memory):
Caroline looking very happy and relaxed. Chatting and joking with her coaches. Clean run through of SP: 3f2t 3r 2a. Marked all spins. 2a still not much Flow but better height.
Otherwise saw her fall on a very tilted flutz then later land one. A clean 3r3r (only one attempt). A much improved camel spin. Nice pearl bielmann. A little more speed and power in her skating. Like the attention she pays to details in her footwork. Don't see how she can include a 3-3 in her FS without either 3s or 3t though.

Carolina kosnter: she didnt do many triples.those she did didn't have much flow on landing. Looks like she plans 3t3t in SP. but only a scratchy one landed outside program. Marked all her iumps in run through.

Keshia markarova: beautiful presence. 3t<3t<< fall in sp run through. Marked other jumps. Can't remember if she did a 2a. Saw her landing to ur'ed 3t3t earlier. Then some falls. Not looking good jump wise. Didn't realize she's so tall. Almost Carolina's height.

Elena G: more fit and thinner this year. Very tilted in the air for many jumps. Esp 2a. My coach mentioned she always looks down. Now I can't help seeing it all the time. Nice height on the 3z. Looking fierce w her tango program.

Haruja Imai: she's so cute and tiny! The smallest and youngest here by far. Some nice 3r done falls. Ok 3z2t (e?). In pants costume. Diff from all the other girls.

Alissa Ciszny: 3z2t 3f 2a in run through. Marked spins. Some more clean 3f and 3z outside program. At least one fall. I think on 3f.

Valentina marchei: she's much smaller in person than I thought. I thinks she marked her jumps in run through. Saw some nice 3z2t and 2a after.

Helgesson sisters: not into their edge work posture or skating skills. They both landed some nice triples outside programs which they only marked all jumps and spins.

Joelle forte: saw a nice 3z2t. A hesitant telegraphed but clean 3f.

I think Alissa should have the gold if she competes as well as practice. Then Caroline Valentina and Carolina and Elene battling out for silver and bronze.