Men's FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's FS

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Was Armin skating as The Bride? The costume says yes, the choreography says WHATEVER. Would've liked to have seen some kendo moves in that program.

lavender

Record Breaker
Dornbush is the man of hour????..okayyyyyyyyyy.

He'll have to do a lil more 4 more to get me there...imo.

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Dornbush starts strong and peters out, like a few skaters before him. His posture bugs. But kudos to him for injecting a bit of humor into skating.

lavender

Record Breaker
Yeah his posture bothers me.

Wow music all the way back to Yagudin days but with out a spectacular Yagudin.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Kevin VDP is the first skater who doesn't get all pooped out in the second half of the program, and has a score to match. The living fossil of competitive skating does well. But it looks like he's never going to improve the speed on his spins and footwork.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just got home and OMG! TERRY GANNON is the color commentator????????????????????? SCORE! I've died and gone to heaven! First good move NBC's done in a while!

lavender

Record Breaker
Kevin VDP is the first skater who doesn't get all pooped out in the second half of the program, and has a score to match. The living fossil of competitive skating does well. But it looks like he's never going to improve the speed on his spins and footwork.

ITA. I so do not agree with his pcs. They should be lower.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
He's 29. He skated at Worlds the last time they were held in Nice. I for one am thrilled to see him do well, even if his spins will always be glacial. Go Kevin!

Is this season's LP theme "Homage to Yagudin"?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
It seems to me that Murakami has great speed and control on his stroking and basic glides, very nice jumps, too. But only a bit of that speed remains during his footwork, and there's even less finesse to both his more complicated edge work and his spins. Not quite cooked. And of course, his presentation and musicality are deadening.