Ladies - Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just from Caroline's scores, I'm so happy for her.

The challenge is if she can keep it up in the long program.

jcoates

Medalist
Caroline is back. She did really well. Her costume is not becoming, however - she needs something in an empire style that de-accentuate her hips and long waist. Very encouraging commentary by Tania K.

I think if she finally has the body of a young woman, hips an all, she should show it off. She's not rail straight anymore, so she shouldn't continue to try to appear to be IMO.

I wish Joshi H would just wear a basketball uniform. She's not the vampy type so why this program?

OTOH, she reminds me so much of Doris Day. She should wear a sweater and pearls and skate to Que Sera Sera!

christinaskater

Medalist
Caroline looks more fit and ready. Better technique so far with her jumps.

She needs a longer costume to make her look more proportional though and accentuate her legs and height.

Joshi pops the combo- she looks great!

persimmon

Rinkside
Caroline's jumps are so much higher and more secure! Whoa, was not expecting that. And she does look in better shape than last year, in fact I'm not sure exactly what it is that makes her look bigger than before... I mean, her waist and legs are definitely thin. She does NOT look pudgy in the least. It's more that she has wide shoulders and a long torso?? Better costuming would probably fix that impression. Tube top styles only look good on those with the narrowest of shoulders. But I'm happy for her, that was a good skate! And she was actually smiling! I've always been a bit of a Caroline anti-fan, but I can't help rooting for the underdog. Hope she has a good long.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, what a great program from Haruka! She flowed through the ice. And I never noticed till now how nice her spins are...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So cute! All the audience members are clapping for her hard as she drives by and she nicely bows to them!

lavender

Record Breaker
Not always in love with Caroline's skating (only sometimes) but I always root for her because she seems like such a nice girl. I loved her program last year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Huh Caroline beats Haruka? I would have had Haruka ahead...
Wait Valetina is on the Jason Dungeon coaching bandwagon? Actually I think I saw that somewhere...

LeCygne

Final Flight
Haruka Imai skated great. Behind Caroline by a tad though, huh.. guess Caroline's spins and other non-jump elements held her up.