Ladies - Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Awesome score for Alissa!! I could barely see anything with the choppy feed, so I'm really looking forward to actually seeing the program.

My feed was terrible too so I stopped watching. So happy for Alissa and kudos to Caroline Z for much improved skating.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
People, you really need to stop doubting Alissa. She's improving her jump technique. She's upping her technical game. She's bringing back the salchow. She's conquering her nerves. She's fine. She's awesome, she's graceful and lovely and will win worlds.

So there.

Also, Carolina was terrific despite the error in the step sequence. Love that she went for the triple triple. 60.23

JDLutz

Rinkside
nice job by the American Ladies, 1st, 3rd, and 6th, Great job by Alissa:) Who would have thought Caroline and Joelle would do that well, So happy for them :biggrin:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so glad the top 2 are Alissa and Carolina because they are clearly the class of this field. Can't wait to watch their performances and best of luck to them in the LP! :)

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
People, you really need to stop doubting Alissa. She's improving her jump technique. She's upping her technical game. She's bringing back the salchow. She's conquering her nerves. She's fine. She's awesome, she's graceful and lovely and will win worlds.

So there.

Hear, hear!

:yes::agree::bow::rock:

:party:

Last edited:

jaylee

Medalist
Thanks for the link. That particular "La Vie en Rose" starts out with music from "Sabrina" - the Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond version. I like the role for Alissa. She has Audrey Hepburn's looks (particularly the neck) and Julia Ormond's reserved charm.

Heh. Alissa has skated to Sabrina before, back in 2006-2007. I liked her Sabrina program very much.

Her new SP is a perfect fit for her, too, and the step sequence was particularly well-choreographed.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols

Czisny: Edge call on the flip (-1 and -2s), level fours on all spins with insane GOEs to match.
Kostner: Lost on GOEs compared to Czisny. Her jumps got her more points, but Czisny devoured her on spins
Zhang: NO URs or DGs!!!!!
Imai: Ur'ed the 2A, would've been third otherwise
Makarova: Got hit hard. Ur'ed the loop combo, and because it was with a single toe, mandatory -3's.
Marchei/Gedevanishvili: Ditto

Recalling: Rules are a solo triple out of steps and a triple triple/double combo. If you don't do either of those things, mandatory -3 GOE. The only benefit to adding the double toe to the double jump (like Gedevanishvili did) or a single toe to the triple (a la Makarova) is to boost up the base value.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^For some reason Caroline Z program has not been uploaded. Strange all of the other ladies are up.

Caro's program was lovely. A few bobbles and I believe she finished after the music, but overall I thought it was great.