LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread | Page 7 | Golden Skate

LADIES LONG PROGRAM Thread

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Good job, Alissa! This will be great for her confidence. Carolina did amazingly well, too, either lady belonged on top.

JDLutz

Rinkside
I love how Viktoria won the bronze by placing 5th in the SP and LP, thats how it's done!! :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Even with the 2S and the fall and the likely UR 3T in the combo, Alissa still has the second highest TES score. Man, can't wait to see this program clean!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, I was half right. Coralina won the LP and almost made up for the SP but not quite.

Congratulations to all medalists.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
That is unbelievable. Kostner was way better. Czisny had too many errors

Czisny led by four points in the short program. If she beat Kostner overall by 0.13 points, then that would mean that Kostner led the free skate but didn't do enough to overtake Czisny.

As for who was better, I haven't watched it yet so I can't say. Haha!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That is unbelievable. Kostner was way better. Czisny had too many errors

Kostner still won the FS. It is the fact that Czisny had a 3 point lead and enough difficult tech content (not to mention the solid jump elements) to edge her in the end.

lavender

Record Breaker
Wow...how do you get 5th place in the short and long but still get a bronze. That's still weird to me.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I like how everyone was like "Alissa's tech was harder" and then Alissa won this on PCS, including a quarter point more on skating skills (which is questionable in my opinion).

Czisny had -GOE on every jumping pass except the last one. When Carolina won/placed well with such messy jumps in the past, the outcry was huge.

Last edited:

ankka

Rinkside
One thing that really confuses me is that Czisny got higher marks for transitions than Kostner. Uhm, what?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Right, Medusa, but if she had done easier tech, she wouldn't have had the same cushion.

Make no mistake, I think Carolina should've won. The difference in the short programs shouldn't have been as large, and she definitely should've won the free skate.

The ladies, as a whole, were uninspiring tonight. Alissa and Carolina were the bright spots.