Pairs LP Thread | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP Thread

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nope. They're behind the Canadians. That's about right.

ETC: But D/C slightly beat them on PCS...interesting.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The fake joy/plastic smiling of Denney/Coughlin is very clown face and they both need to fix their round shoulders/work on their posture and increase their speed. The program is very connect the dots and too safe I think. Their skating is labored; of course, they are still a new team. With time, they can work out these kinks.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Sorry John, your last partner was better.

agreed. I'm not talking about the choreographed smile, I'm talking about the smile when they hit the last element. I think if anything he's happy that they had a strong showing here. Considering the backlash that he's gotten for dropping Caitlyn after their amazing Worlds...

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Zhang/Zhang: she doubles the 3S plus a step-out on the throw 3S...where is the gold going tonight?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Zhang/Zhang: she doubles the 3S plus a step-out on the throw 3S...where is the gold going tonight?

Yeah they did have that awesome SBS three jump combo though...it's going to be close. But I think it's a respectable performance after a year away. And did I just detect a slight smile from Dan??

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Zhang/Zhang (CHN)

Music: Adagio Sostenuto from Piano Concerto No. 2 in A Major "Totentanz" by Franz Liszt

3T+2T+2T - good
Li
3FTw - nice
3S - she doubles
FCCoSp - a bit shaky
...Eurosport choppy feed...
3LoTh
Li
ChSp
3STh - she steps out
BoDs
PCoSp
Li

A bit lifeless... The Germans will take gold

alexeifan

On the Ice
Yes, and that smile sure went away once the scores were shown. I think they expected much higher.

gold12345

Medalist
I think that botched 2A sequence was the difference between Denney/Coughlin placing 3rd and 4th here. You can't afford to do a 1A-1A when others skate well. Good for the Canadians. They were great here. It reminds me of Skate Canada last year when they skated their best program of the season. Hopefully this time, they won't peak this early.

Not great for the Zhangs. SBS spins were really rough. I don't love the program, but they skated decently.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Zhangs clearly lost a ton in TECH....They lost even to D/C there despite the 3-jump combo. And B/L beat them as well. As IP said, all those little mistakes add up.

Congrats to S/S! Awesome comeback!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
115...that is way low than I expected. Seriously. Glad they took the silver medal in the end(I might be in the minority here, but I would have the B/L in front of D/C.)