Pairs LP Thread | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP Thread

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I like S&S fine - I just don't like this program. I was there in front of him when Robin made this comment. It will be interesting to see after the judges' feedback what they change. Ingo has always had a stubborn streak so who knows what changes we will see to this program if any. Ingo did the choreo on this and even chose the music - so win or lose - it's Ingo's baby.
I was referring to Robin's comments in this Absolute Skating interview, done at the time of the Golden Skate awards in Italy (a few weeks ago).

Ingo always choreographs their programs and is usually the one who chooses the music, so I don't know if you can say that this specific one is his baby. Maybe it is because it's a unique concept, but that's not to say they won't work on it to improve what's needed - e.g. my understanding is that the double twist was planned because they're still working on the entry, but surely it'll eventually become a triple.

I suspect this program might be better received by audiences at European events than in the US.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I was referring to Robin's comments in this Absolute Skating interview, done at the time of the Golden Skate awards in Italy (a few weeks ago).

Ingo always choreographs their programs and is usually the one who chooses the music, so I don't know if you can say that this specific one is his baby. Maybe it is because it's a unique concept, but that's not to say they won't work on it to improve what's needed - e.g. my understanding is that the double twist was planned because they're still working on the entry, but surely it'll eventually become a triple.

I suspect this program might be better received by audiences at European events than in the US.

i think it will be very well received in France

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm so impressed with the improvement Moore-Towers Moscovitch have made. Not only are they going for greater technical difficuty, they seem to skate with a much smoother, more refined style this year and are really emoting. So excited to see these great programs progress!

Yes.. I also noticed her hair colour change, probably to look more mature/go with the new programs.

mousepotato

On the Ice
MT/M were very strong last year at Skate Canada and Skate America, but tanked at the GPF and never recovered. By the end of the season they were beat twice by D/R at 4CC and Worlds and at Worlds it was by 10 points. So I'm going to be very careful with them coming on like gangbusters in the beginning if they can't keep up the momentum.

They also have the most boring lifts possible with no variety and her posture in the lifts could improve a lot.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
MT/M were very strong last year at Skate Canada and Skate America, but tanked at the GPF and never recovered. By the end of the season they were beat twice by D/R at 4CC and Worlds and at Worlds it was by 10 points. So I'm going to be very careful with them coming on like gangbusters in the beginning if they can't keep up the momentum.

They also have the most boring lifts possible with no variety and her posture in the lifts could improve a lot.

The one reason I'm not as paranoid is that recall that last season they were unexpected GP entrants - they actually only got SC because Dube/Davison withdrew and only made the GPF because of the generally weak field (no K/S, D/D, Zhangs, etc). That stated, D/R have a huge advantage in terms of base value, whereas I don't expect Mt/M to score above a 120 LP internationally (something D/R have already done). That stated, I also think that because D/R are working on ramping up the difficulty of their transitions/choreography, they will take longer to gel this season.

As for the lifts: annoyed that they didn't bother learning a new position this year, but I really like how they're placed in the LP. The second lift, in particular, matches the music very well.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so impressed with the improvement Moore-Towers Moscovitch have made. Not only are they going for greater technical difficuty, they seem to skate with a much smoother, more refined style this year and are really emoting. So excited to see these great programs progress!

:thumbsup:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
You see no indication of months of dance training by S/S? Well, I guess you had to be there with them when they were practicing. I definitely see the evidence... also remember, it is modern dance they are expressing. What's not to like about their programs? You don't like the edgy style and always different look, and their range and innovative moves that have helped push pairs skating forward in the new millennium? Just asking, cuz maybe you like the traditional style of some other pairs better?

After watching their lp again and watching the Pina clips, I'm happy that they didn't pick up more from Pina. It is not that I don't like modern dance. I don't like Pina's type of dance. In fact, I hate it, a rare occasion that I choose to use such strong word. OK, I can see the "Lean" influence. The program is growing on me, but still I can't figure out what kind of emotion they were trying to express. I love their out of Africa program. The Pink one turned out fine too. I admire their exploration, but it does not mean that I have to like them all. Is that OK?

By the way, the "Wet" program is like a inferior imitation of a Chinese dancer Liping Yang's dance.

Last edited: