10 Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Pairs:
1 Jessica DUBE / Sebastien WOLFE (CAN)
2 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)
3 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)
4 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)
5 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN (CHN)
6 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN)
7 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE (RUS)
8 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Ice-Dance:
1 Tarrah HARVEY / Keith GAGNON (CAN)
2 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
3 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
4 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
5 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA)
6 Ekaterina PUSHKASH / Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS)
7 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS)
8 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA)

Last edited:

BlackAxel

Final Flight
After the epic fail on my own predictions for Skate America, I am crossing my fingers for this competition. Hopefully the skate gods are on my side lol.

Men:
1. Patrick Chan (almost obvious no?)
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Adam Rippon (I have faith that he can redeem himself after the upsetting last season)

Ladies:
1. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Mirai Nagasu

Pairs.
1. Volosozhar/Trankov (This is their competition to lose)
2. Iliushechkina/Maisuradze
3. Sui/Han

Ice-Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir (No real competition for them)
2. Pechalat/Bourzat (I hope Fabien feels better =/)
3. Weaver/Poje

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Men:
1. Duh, Isn't it obvious?
2.Daisuke Takahashi
3. The late blooming Kevin Van Der Perren

Ladies:
1. Akiko Suzuki
2. Rachael Flatt
3. Cynthia Phaneuf

Note: Mirai should win, I think she's the most talented of this field, but I don't trust her. So I will conservatively put her in 4th or 5th. Rachael will start off good, but get worse as the year goes on and her leg starts to hurt.

Pairs:
I don't know anything about these pairs.

Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir
2. French pair
3.Another Canadian pair--probably Weaver and Poje.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Didn't do so well at Skate America but the first GP is usually a bit of a mess...

MEN
1. Patrick Chan
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Adam Rippon
4. Ross Miner
5. Kevin Van der Perren

LADIES
1. Mirai Nagasu
2. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
3. Akiko Suzuki
4. Alena Leonova
5. Ashley Wagner
(Go Mirai, Akiko!)

PAIRS
1. Volosozhar/Trankov
3. Takahashi/Tran
4. Sui/Han
5. Duhamel/Radford
Hope Sweigers/Lawrence does well too! And T/T does better than I'm placing them!

ICE DANCE (I believe Pechalat/Bourzat will withdraw from this, they have 3 GPs anyways)
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Cappellini/Lanotte
4. Chock/Bates
5. Riazanova/Tkachenko

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
MEN

1) Patrick Chan
2) Daisuke Takahashi
3) This might be surprising to some, but Kevin VDP

LADIES

1) Tuktamisheva
2) Nagasu
3) Suzuki

PAIRS

1) Volosozhar/Trankov
2) Duhamel/Radford
3) Iliushechkina/Maisuradze

DANCE

1) Virtue/Moir
2) Pechalat/Bourzat
3) Weaver/Poje

jettasian

Match Penalty
I predict Chan will win and many will whine and mourn about how unfair, inflated for home ice blah blah blah and the other guy should have won blah blah blah... It has become a tradition for every Chan win.

Let's how all disciplines have a better skate than Skate America!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
jettasian, I think it's too draining to proactively react to negativity before it happens. Predicting and anticipating disagreeable scenarios often manifest them.

JDLutz

Rinkside
Here's mine

Ladies
1.Tuktamisheva
2.Suzuki
3.Wagner
4.Nagasu
5.Phaneuf
6.Flatt
7.Lacoste
8.Hecken
9.Leonova
10.Desanctis

Men
1.Chan
2.Miner
3.Takahashi
4.Rippon
5.Fernandez
6.Van Der Perren
7.Rogozine
8.Ten
9.Majorov
10.Balde

Pairs.
1.Volozoshar/Trankov
2.Iliushechkina/Maizuradze
3.Duhamel/Radford
4.Wenjing/Cong
5.Takahashi/Tran
6.Lawrence/Swiegers
7.Xiaoyu/Yang
8.Dube/Wolfe

Dance
1.Virtue/Moir
2.Weaver/Poje
3.Pechalat/Bourzat
4.Riazanova/Tkachenko( i think P/B will WD, and they'll get the bronze)
5.Pushkash/Guerreiro
6.Chock/Bates
7.Cappellini/Lanotte
8.Harvey/Gagnon

skatinginbc

Medalist
I predict Chan will win and many will whine and mourn about how unfair, inflated for home ice blah blah blah and the other guy should have won blah blah blah... It has become a tradition for every Chan win.

Would you like to visit the "Skaters and Good Deeds" thread, where there is no whine or mourn but only positivity and praise?:p:p

Yes, it might happen, but I would not hold a preconceived judgment and qualify it as "negativity". What constitutes "whine and mourn" in your mind may be deemed a healthy debate by others. Let's keep an open heart without preconceived "negativity" before it happens.

Last edited:

mystichaze

On the Ice
MEN
1. Chan
2. Takahashi
3. Rippon
4. Van Der Perren
5. Fernandez
6. Ten
7. Miner
8. Rogozine
9. Majorov
10. Balde
PAIRS
1. Volosozhar-Trankov
2. Sui-Han
3. Duhamel-Radford
4. Takahashi-Tran
5. Iliusheckina-Maisuradze
6. Lawrence-Sweigers
7. Dube-Wolfe
8. Yu-Jin
LADIES
1. Tuktamisheva
2. Suzuki
3. Nagasu
4. Leonova
5. Flatt
6. Phaneuf
7. Wagner
8. Hecken
9. Lacoste
10. Desanctis
DANCE
1. Virtue-Moir
2. Pechalat-Bourzat
3. Weaver-Poje
4. Cappellini-Lanotte
5. Riazanova-Tkachenko
6. Pushkash-Gurriero
7. Chock-Bates
8. Harvey-Gagnon

icellist

On the Ice
Men:
Gold: Chan
Silver: Takahashi
Bronze: Rippon
Pewter: Fernandez
Chan vs. Takahashi but Chan receive ridiculous PCS boost (yes his PCS should be high but not outrageously) with 2 falls. Hoping that Rippon was only in a rut last year. Fernandez sounds positive aboot his switch to Orser. KVDP will "jump" his way in when others falter, his silver at Skate America was probably a big confidence boost. Interesting to see how Rogozine, Miner, and Ten compare. I see all three of them as the juniors of seniors.

Ladies:
Gold: Suzuki
Silver: Nagasu
Bronze: Tuktamysheva
Pewter: Wagner or Leonova
My theory is that Mirai is going to win the SP and place 3rd in the FS with enough points to win silver. Tuktamysheva will place 3rd in the SP and win the FS but lose in overall points to Nagasu. Suzuki will place second in both the SP and FS and win gold. Flatt will skate laboriously and place 6th, behind Leonova and Wagner.

Pairs:
Gold: Sui/Han
Silver: Duhamel/Radford
Bronze: Volosozhar/Trankov
Pewter: Takahashi/Tran or Lawrence/Sweigers
Personally, I don't like V/T's programs. Sui/Han have had mileage on their programs already because of JGP. Duhamel/Radford would slightly edge out V/T with home-ice bonus. Really loved Takahashi/Tran's programs in the shows and really want Lawrence/Sweigers to do well.

Dance:
Gold: Virtue/Moir
Silver: Pechalat/Bourzat
Bronze: Weaver/Poje
Pewter: Cappellini/Lanotte or Chock/Bates or Riazanova/Tkachenko
Here's hoping that Bourzat gets better soon and doesn't withdraw

Men: Van der Perren. Fresh off his LP victory and overall silver at Skate America, Kevin's on a roll!

Ladies: Queen Tuhk, the next Sasha Cohen! I agree with Mistichaze. It's a new world (Golda).

Pairs. Don't know. Unlike men's and ladies, I don't really know for sure who will win.)

Dance. Virtue and Moir have no peer here, but for silver, Wever and Poje. :rock:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Men:

Chan vs. Takahashi but Chan receive ridiculous PCS boost (yes his PCS should be high but not outrageously) with 2 falls.

Ha, another premature complaint of an imaginary event, just like what jettasian was preemptively complaining about.

What did I tell you about manifestation, jett?

jChamp

Rinkside
I too am still recovering from a HORRIBLE first round of predictions, but why not try to redeem myself?

Men:
1. Chan
2. Takahashi
3. Rippon
4. Van der Perren
5. Fernandez
6. Ten
7. Miner
8. Ragozine
9. Majorov
10. Balde

I think Chan will win easily (by 10+ points), based on his and Takahashi's skates at JO. I'm hoping Rippon can finally have a good year on the senior GP, but I wouldn't be surprised if Van der Perren grabbed another medal in this field. Fernandez has a ton of potential and I really enjoy Ten and Miner a lot...it was hard for me to place one above the other. The other three are too inconsistent (Ragozine, Majorov) or unkown (Balde) to put any higher.

Ladies
1. Nagasu
2. Tuktamisheva
3. Suzuki
4. Wagner
5. Flatt
6. Leonova
7. Phanuef
8. Lacoste
9. Hecken
10. Desanctis

I can't help it! Nagasu is my favorite skater at the moment, and if she can (miraculously) skate clean I think she could run away with it. I hope watching Czisny fight her way through a(nother) program after a rough start gave her some inspiration. Tuktamisheva is too strong technically not to medal, and I think Suzuki will put herself on the podium with higher PCS than some of the others. The other ladies are rather :rolleye: to me. I've never really enjoyed Wagner, Flatt, Leonova, Phaneuf, or Lacoste, even when they manage to skate clean. Maybe i'm too picky, though :). Hecken could finish higher if she hits her 3-3 like she has recently, and I don't think Desanctis has any chance at all to finish any higher than 10th in this field.

Pairs
1. Volosozhar/Trankov
3. Duhamel/Radford
4. Sui/Han
5. Takahashi/Tran
6. Lawrence/Swiegers
7. Yu/Jin
8. Dube/Wolfe

I predict V/T to run away with it, scoring a good bit higher than S/S this past weekend. I thought I/M should have been in the GPF last year, so here's to hoping they can prove themselves again. I really enjoyed D/R at worlds and 4CC last year and think that they have a good chance to medal, but they really need to be clean. I think this year's GP series will be a bit of a wake-up for both Sui/Han and Takahashi/Tran. L/S could pull higher, but only if some of the above falter IMO. I wasn't impressed with D/W at their recent showings, and i'm not familiar with Y/J.

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Pechalat/Bourzat
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Capellini/Lanotte
5. Riazonova/Tkachenko
6. Chock/Bates
7. Pushkash/Guerreiro
8. Harvey/Gagnon

Where were all of these teams at Skate America?? I think that any of my top 7 here could have medalled there....

Anyway, I don't think there will be as huge of a gap from gold and silver as we saw at Skate America (assuming that Bourzat is feeling at least a little better), but it won't really be close. I actually kinda hate P/B's free this year and wouldn't be surprised to see them passed by the Shibs or W/P as the season goes on. We'll see. I enjoy C/L a lot, but I don't think they'll be able to medal, and I haven't been amazed with either Russian team yet, but it is a new season and they could make it to the podium if W/P falter like they did last year on the GP. I'm one of the EXTREME few who happen to love the Chock/Bates pairing and I would love to see them perform well, but this is a really tough field for a GP debut. I've never even heard of H/G, so they bu default get the last spot.

Well, i'm really excited to see everything play out! Too bad college has to get in the way of this Friday :/

skatinginbc

Medalist
Ha, another premature complaint of an imaginary event, just like what jettasian was preemptively complaining about.jett?

It is a prediction thread, so we probably should tolerate people bringing up an imaginary event. However, it is the preconceived judgment or negativity assigned to opponents or disagreers that makes me uneasy.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It is a prediction thread, so we probably should tolerate people bringing up an imaginary event. However, it is the preconceived judgment or negativity assigned to opponents or disagreers that makes me uneasy.

Well, I was just not aware that the predictions include fans' behaviour.

People can predict and I can observe. I like obverving people's behaviour.

oksanafan

Match Penalty
For those of you who think that Suzuki will win and beat Tuktamysheva in the process, here's a reminder of the result of the Japan Open from just a few weeks ago:-

1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS – 118.59
2. Joannie Rochette CAN – 112.74
3. Akiko Suzuki JPN – 112.46
4. Alena Leonova RUS – 108.39
5. Alissa Czisny USA – 107.64
6. Miki Ando JPN – 88.11

So long as Liza does not make any major mistakes, she should win. The only potential challenge I think will come from Mirai and how well she does will depend on whether she has finally resolved her consistency problems.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So at Skate Canada the 2nd GP event, we are already going to have a few rematches:

Tuk Vs Suzuki in LP - Advantage Tuk.

Chan vs Takahashi in LP - Advantage Chan. Takahashi needs to be fit and to have his head together to be on the podium.

KVDP vs Ten who both do back to back competitions. I guess this happens because of their lower status and lack of choices. Yet KVDP surprised us with a medal at SA. Can he do it again? I doubt it. This is a tougher Mens field than SA with quite a few possible spoilers. I think one of the young ones will step up on to the podium.

For the Ladies, I think the Russians and the Japanese are strong contenders and I think one American will rise to possibly medal.

I think we will likely see one Canadian, one Chinese and one Russian Pairs on the podium. Or another Canadian team could squeeze out a Russian team or vice versa.

For Dance, I would like to see a healthy Fabian Bourzat so the French team will battle with W/P for Silver and Bronze. Sorry, Gold is spoken for.

I see Canadian flag raised for at least 3 podiums. Maybe Cynthia will surprise me and raise it for the Ladies?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Interesting. Do you believe there was no negativity in icecellist's predictions and that SF is simply commenting because of disagreement?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I too am still recovering from a HORRIBLE first round of predictions, but why not try to redeem myself?

I've never even heard of H/G, so they bu default get the last spot.

H/G are the 6th ranked Canadian team (5th with the breakup of Crone/Poirier although they were 5th at last year's Nationals too with the absence of Virtue/Moir), so I think your prediction of where they'll likely end up is accurate.