World Team Challenge On NOW | Golden Skate

World Team Challenge On NOW

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
On Oxygen from 8 to 10 pm part one... part two tomorrow same time and channel. Sorry if this is a repeat of info.

Piel

bleuchick

On the Ice
Great...now I don't feel like I am the only one watching it.

ladies - I liked Josee C programs by David Wilson the most but prefered Oskana B. in Ice Wars.

mens - wow to Todd E's Flamenco program. He may just become the new Kurt Browning of pro skating.:) I was also impressed by Alexei Y.

pairs - was impressed by the 4 pairs antic...off ice... Anton and Jamie...so funny :D Liked Crying here but Who wants to live forever at Ice Wars and liked Let me Fall here and Russian Folksong(?) at Ice Wars.
Also likes, I/Z's costumes for their artistic program.

overall, a great pro-skating show.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I enjoyed Maria B., her knees didn't seem as stiff. Loved Oksana she seems genuinely happy with herself. Jamie and David's skating is so intimate....I almost felt like I was intruding by watching, a very beautiful program. Good to see Johnny Z. mmm. mmm. mmm. mmm, mmm!!! Olympic eligible ladies especially is in desperate need of some divaish behavior IMO. Everyone is so nice. Other than Plushy and to a lesser extent Sasha all of the Olympic eligible disciplines seem to be missing some personalitys.

Piel

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the reminder Piel, I totally forgot..........am taping it now...........42

A good show and I emphasize SHOW. For me, I just can't look at this as a competition. I enjoy them all so much, the winning of the contests are irrelevant.

Joe

I think Oxygen is a network owned by Oprah Winfrey. She often has programming based on ABC network during its time slot. It's not a popular network yet so I think they may repeat it.

Joe

Jill

On the Ice
Loved Ina/Zimmerman's new program! They are going to soar as pros. Also, LOVED Yagudin and Todd's new flamenco program, and Josee has never been better.

I've got to tell you guys, in recent years, the pros have been BOOOORING! I think lately, with the return of a new and improved Oksana, and the new crop of skaters like Maria B, Todd, and the Olympic pairs champs, they might once again be worth watching.

eliza88

On the Ice
Not a "competition" for me either BUT is was sheer enjoyment!! I have enjoyed the pros very much this year and show didn't dissapoint. Loved Todd's flamenco--fabulous feet! Josee looked better than ever, Maria looked fantastic (smiling and happy!), it is so nice to see Oksana back in action...I was really impressed with all the skaters (though I wish Nicole packed her program a little more...) I/Z artistic free blew me away! What a fun/flirty number and they sold it! B/S and S/P really set a mood with their programs. All in all, a great 4 hours of skating!

eliza88

shdotz

On the Ice
World Team Challenges

I thoroughly enjoyed watching some excellent skating.

Most of them actually were prepared for a competition so it was for me a really good watch.

Thanks a bunch!! sh

Nadine

Record Breaker
lol, gracefulswan, ditto here :cry:

I have the Satellite Dish Network and thus, unfortunately, do not get the aforementioned channel. :( I was hoping that someone would put up some video clips, like they did for Miki Ando's recent performance at 2003 Japan Jr. Nationals. :love: Would especially love one of Oksana Baiul's technical program at the 2003 World Team Challenge - heard all the rave reviews - and am anxious to see it for myself. :eek: Thanks in advance.

Peace & Love, Nadine

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Major bummer.........I taped the first night, but totally forgot the artistic program the second night. I get the Oxygen channel, but it isn't listed on the television schedule, so most of the time I forget I even have the channel.........loved part one and would love to see this ensemble skate together on a regular basis....(I think most of them do for SOI).........42

windspirit

On the Ice
show 42 said:
Major bummer.........I taped the first night, but totally forgot the artistic program the second night.
Both parts are going to be reapeated two more times. The artistic programs: on Sun. Dec. 21 at 7-9pm, and on Wed. Dec. 24 at 8-10pm (both times Eastern)

(From Heather's schedule: http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm )

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Thanks for the reports everyone!!!

Thank you all for your reports. Unfortunately, Comcast in SF does not carry the Oxygen Network so I couldn't see this. :cry:

I would love more info on the programs (music, costumes, etc.) of Josee, Maria B, I/Z, and Todd.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Z

Zhenya's Girl

I get the Oxygen channel, but it isn't listed on the television schedule, so most of the time I forget I even have the channel

You get the Fresno Bee too, huh? :D

tv.yahoo.com is a good place to find exactly what is on and when.