Ladies' Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Short Program

Oreo

On the Ice
Phew, thank you. But she's got the highest IN, which I guess means hip rolling is well rewarded again.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Did Morozov or Mishin choreograph for Leonova? With in place vamping and the pre SS pause at end of rink.

Mishin is not a choreographer of his students programs and if he ever was he certainly is not since CoP was introduced.

Mirai..sigh.. had the most complete program, but after the fall she had no energy. Still she was the best presentationwise, if that was clean it would be great! I didnt know rachel kept the same sp, same feeling as last season.

Akiko, can someone explain why she didnt add the combo on the second jump?My eurosport crached there.

Thrilled about Liza, and LoL at eurosport guys who cant spell her name right! :D

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Says something that Mirai skated as badly as she did and Ashley and Rachael are both barely ahead of her. Please Mirai step it up. There is no pressure now that your in 5th place. You can still medal.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Says something that Mirai skated as badly as she did and Ashley and Rachael are both barely ahead of her. Please Mirai step it up. There is no pressure now that your in 5th place. You can still medal.

I think Ashley and Rachel lost points too though. Ashley twittered about her flutz, so I'm thinking she got an edge call. And I feel like Rachael probably lots some levels on the spins, we'll see.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I think Ashley and Rachel lost points too though. Ashley twittered about her flutz, so I'm thinking she got an edge call. And I feel like Rachael probably lots some levels on the spins, we'll see.

i think this reinforces jammers' point, though.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Mishin is not a choreographer of his students programs and if he ever was he certainly is not since CoP was introduced.

Mirai..sigh.. had the most complete program, but after the fall she had no energy. Still she was the best presentationwise, if that was clean it would be great! I didnt know rachel kept the same sp, same feeling as last season.

Akiko, can someone explain why she didnt add the combo on the second jump?My eurosport crached there.

Thrilled about Liza, and LoL at eurosport guys who cant spell her name right! :D

Lambiel choreographed the short program. Tuktamysheva said that in an interview.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals!
Liza- She got a few -GOE, but overall positive GOE.
Ashley - As I mention, edge call on the Lutz and she paid for it 1.5 -GOE Ouch! Otherwise everything good.
Rachel -- Also as I expected, lost spin levels. One level 2 and no level 4 spins.
Akiko - Edge call on the lutz. They did credit her for the combo, but got automatic -3 GOE because it was a single jump.
Mirai - Did quite well other than the Lutz (which got an edge call on top of it!). All level four spins and she gain +2.78 in her spin GOE. PCS also helped.
Amelie Lacoste- Did well aside from the Lutz, which was downgraded.
Leonova - -GOE on the 3T-3T, -3 for the axel and negative GOE on her flip. Level 2 on two spins.
Cynthia Phaneuf -- got -3 for the single Lutz, but everything else looked OK.
Andriana Desanctis -- got major - GOE on her lutz and a -1 across the board for her Axel jump.
Hecken - - GOE on 3t-2T and 3S and Combo spin.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
i think this reinforces jammers' point, though.

It does in one way (yes Mirai's program will be great when clean!). But in doesn't in another because while on the surface Ashley and Rachel was clean, they were not flawless as we saw in the protocols. They too have the potential to earn a few more points.

bsfan

On the Ice
Did Morozov or Mishin choreograph for Leonova? With in place vamping and the pre SS pause at end of rink.

Didn't Morozov create some great programs before, like Winter and Pang/Tong's Pearl Fisher SP? What's happening with him?

Don't drag Mishin into this choreograph issue. He is not that stupid as some fans think. He has his vision on skating even it is not someone's cup of tea.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure had Mirai been clean she'd have a slight edge on Liza right now. Unfortunately, Liza was the only one to really show up today but kudos to her. She's in great position to medal. She'll be last to skate so we'll have to see how she holds up under pressure. I still don't think Ashley is getting no love from the judges. She needs to be perfect tomorrow. Rachael was clean and yet still has a disappointing score...she's a bit more mellow but she's still putting me to sleep. Akiko's LP is great so if she's strong tomorrow her chances are good. Mirai is known for skating lights-out when she's coming from behind, so I'm actually okay with her being in 5th right now...Alena's program needs to be scrapped completely. That was awful...

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! :biggrin:

brightphoton

Medalist
ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

Akiko!!! :disapp:
Mirai!!! :disapp:
Leonova!!! :disapp: :disapp:

Why can't you three ladies pull it together? You were my favorites!

WHOOOOO!!!

Ashley! :cool:

You're one of my favorites too!

And there's Rachael, reliable as ever, sigh.

Layfan

Record Breaker
It does in one way (yes Mirai's program will be great when clean!). But in doesn't in another because while on the surface Ashley and Rachel was clean, they were not flawless as we saw in the protocols. They too have the potential to earn a few more points.

maybe but those have been longtime flaws of theirs not just something they messed up this competition... though we know rachael can score higher. hard not to be impressed that she held it together with everything she has going on this year

jettasian

Match Penalty
Looks like another lack lustre and splatz fest event. How disappointing. Let's hope the Men will do better tonight :)