Mao88

Record Breaker
1. Alena Leonova - 102.47 (FS) - 152.22 Total

2. Cynthia Phaneuf - 92.00 (FS) - 140.70 Total

3. Sarah Hecken - 86.21 (FS) - 130.71 Total

4. Adriana DeSanctis - 82.34 (FS) - 129.48 Total

badknees

Medalist
Well, it's the music used in the movie Platoon and is thought of as an incredibly moving, emotional and angst piece of music. It's not for her style at all. I admire tht she is trying something new and not so circus like and jumpy but this is not right. And what's with not bothering to do her hair. I'm all for the athletic side but there is a presentation side also and she's not really trying to put the whole package together.

Wow, Alena scored over 20 pts under her Worlds FP this year (124.17).

OT: It's a tad hard to concentrate - we're having an untimely heavy snow and the roads are full of tree branches, with much more snow to come. If you don't hear from me again....

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Has anyone else noticed Alena does the EXACT SAME entrance to her flips AND lutzes? Like she doesn't even attempt to make a distinction between the two..

That's why I'm still confused about this.. Isn't there some type of deduction for repeating the same triple more that 2x? Come on..lets face it. Those are three 3flips in that program... I don't care how she tries to mask it.

...But I will say that when she does skate clean she does have a special charm that can elevate a program (to a certain degree) even if your not a fan of the music choice.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Amelie Lacoste (CAN)

Score: Don't Cry For Me Argentina (from "Evita") by Andrew Lloyd Webber, performed by Pierre Porte

3Lo - nice
2Lz - wrong edge "e"
3S+2Lo
LSp
SlSt
1F - stepout
3Lo+2T
FSSp
ChSp - nice simple forward arabesque
2A - stepout, hand down
2S
CCoSp

Mao88

Record Breaker
1. Alena Leonova - 102.47 (FS) - 152.22 Total

2. Amelie Lacoste - 95.80 (FS) - 146.40 Total

3. Cynthia Phaneuf - 92.00 (FS) - 140.70 Total

4. Sarah Hecken - 86.21 (FS) - 130.71 Total

5. Adriana DeSanctis - 82.34 (FS) - 129.48 Total

Art&Sport

Medalist
Did the live feed for anyone else just stop and turn into a black screen?

No, not just now, but I had a problem earlier (on universal sports feed). Also, I am not hearing this with live commentary for some reason. Not that I'm complaining about that. ;)

badknees

Medalist
I dont have any commentary on icenetwork either. I thought they had tara or nancy doing it. Although I'm not complaining either.