LADIES Long Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

LADIES Long Program

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well i think its time to sweep the US ladies from 2007-2008 cycle and hope the younger girls can get it together. Rachael, Mirai, Ashley and Caroline have had their chances and haven't got it done.

I just can't get into a skater who looks like she's 12. Let me know in two years if she can still do those jumps. She's still very Junior. She's a jumping bean like most 14 year olds are.
She's very young but she's more than a jumping bean. She has a lot of attitude and style. Way more than say Kimmie Meissner ever had, let alone at age 16 at Worlds 2006.

Well i think its time to sweep the US ladies from 2007-2008 cycle and hope the younger girls can get it together. Rachael, Mirai, Ashley and Caroline have had their chances and haven't got it done.
Sheesh, what's your problem? Ashley just won bronze with a great new program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

What are you talking about? Ashley just won the bronze and really did a decent FS aside from the 3Z fall.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes i know but you really think even if Ashley makes Worlds she will be a threat to medal? No.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Again, Liza was woefully undermarked. The only mistake she made was doubling out on the toe loop of the double axel combination. Apart from that, it was perfect. Should have at least been in the 120.00's on that free skate. However, 2011/12 seems to be the season for undermarking Russian competitors in figure skating and gymnastics.

reynycpr

On the Ice
But the other story AKIKO WINS THE FREE SKATE WHEEEE!!!

ETA: Hey Ashley got 2nd in PCS. Nice.

I am in love with Akiko's FS!!! :clap::rock::clap:
Fledermaus by Strauss is one of my favorite pieces of classical music.

I'm always open to any beautiful interpretation of Swan Lake. Great job Ashley. Nicks seemed pleased as well!

Protocols are out

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She's very young but she's more than a jumping bean. She has a lot of attitude and style. Way more than say Kimmie Meissner ever had, let alone at age 16 at Worlds 2006.

Totally agree. I like her style. And she has great confidence. I thought she was much more poised than I've seen some of the senior skaters. I love just how calm she was during this whole thing!

burntBREAD

Medalist

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes i know but you really think even if Ashley makes Worlds she will be a threat to medal? No.

I think Ashley is making quite a bit of progress. She was definitely rusty during her summer comps, but it's clear that Nicks is a good influence. I'd wait until worlds before you start judging.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Sheesh, what's your problem? Ashley just won bronze with a great new program.
I really think that Ashley improved immensely. It doesn't look so rushed anymore and all the jumps, except for the fall, looked so secure and fully rotated. I think this is going to be her comeback year. This is a skater who managed to grow up and end up a better skater than she was at 15.

Layfan

Record Breaker

You never know but not really.... Seems amazing that the best worlds medal hope seems to be Alissa at this point and that's if she is perfectly clean and considering that there is no Yuna or Miki this year and Mao is a question mark.

What on Earth is happening with Mirai. Another spin mistake?? Sigh.

gottadance

On the Ice
worlds for ashley

I think it boils down to whether she can up the tecnical content - the program is gorgeous and she clearly loves to skate it - somewhat like Aikiko in that regard today .
Agree with those suggesting an immediate coaching change for Mirai ( with no disrespect to Frank ) - and that LP has got to go - who the #@#$ choreographed it - it could not be less suitable for Mirai

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, medals for Ashley and Akiko. Queen Tut came, jumped, and conquered!

I'd call her Queen-in-waiting, and for now, Princess Tut ... A controlled and confident performance. She's got the skills definitely. A long way yet to go. I'll bet her competitors are quite happy though that she's still too young to compete at Worlds.

Ashley won the mini-U.S. Nats battle, and I hope she keeps going strong. A legendary coach now and great programs. She looks good on the ice. Interesting that Flatt was scored as highly as she was in the sp, and equally interesting how they dumped her down so far in the free. Her lack of endurance a factor in her free performance, I suppose. Her slicked back hair at least not as bad as the short cut. The colors of Flatt's outfits a better look for her.

I thought Mirai should be ahead of Alena, but I guess it was that close due to Mirai's lackluster presentation.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals.

Akiko -- She got a e on her second lutz (but not the first!) -GOE on 3 Loop and the 3Z.. AND A LEVEL FOUR STEP SEQUENCE!!! Awesome. Actually got got level fours on all her spins too!
Liza -- No negative GOE wow. But she got a level 1 on her camel spin. She'll have to work on upping those spin levels.
Ashley -- Ah, two flutzes :( But otherwise postive GOE on everything else. They loved her spiral +1.40 GOE!!!
Alena -- ah, lots of URs, which is about right.
Mirai - Level two layback? Aw, man. Edge call on the lutz and negative GOE on her 2A-2T, 3Z (also UR and 3T). She only got a .10 on her spiral?
Amelie - Whie she popped a bunch of jump and -GOE on her 3S-2L combo, her 1F and her 2A.
Cynthia -- UR on 3Loop, level one spin and level 2 step sequence.
Sarah - negative GOE on 3F and 3S and 3T-2T combo. Okay otherwise.
Adriana- edge call on flip, neegative GOE on 3Lz, 3F. level two layback and combo spins.
Rachel -- well lots of negative GOE and URs. One level one spin, level two spin, level two step sequence. Not her day.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Again, Liza was woefully undermarked. The only mistake she made was doubling out on the toe loop of the double axel combination. Apart from that, it was perfect. Should have at least been in the 120.00's on that free skate. However, 2011/12 seems to be the season for undermarking Russian competitors in figure skating and gymnastics.
Liza still skates like a Junior skater. She's more a jumping bean then anything at the moment. She doesn't cover a lot of ice and her spins are subpar. She has a lot of work to do.