Kanako Murakami Thread | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami Thread

christinaskater

Medalist
She is amazing. Hope she does the triple flip-triple toe also during the Free Skate.

She has matured presentation wise compared to last year. I just want her to connect more to the music. But this is the start of the season and everything looks very promising for her.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
methinks she'll be on a world podium soon. So much natural spring. Bubbly. I liked last years programs better, tho.

Vash01

Medalist
Great 3f-3t, but she had trouble on the easier jumps- the 3R in particular. She hesitated before going into the jump. The 2A was not completely clean either.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She has some jumps issues but she is a lovely skater. I would like to see her correct the 3Flutz because she will need a true Lutz to compete with those russian wonderkids. She has the potential to be on the world podium but I don't think it will be this year unless others make mistakes and she is clean. I have a feeling this season is going to be much harder for her then the last one. She is no longer the young bubbly junior skater who just turned senior and brings excitement to the snooze-fest senior ladies were last year on the GP. Her programs this year prove she is on the right track, but she needs to be consistent with her jumps to avoid getting a Mao reputation of always < and << her jumps, even though it's not always the case.(like this year's worlds)

Last edited:

prettykeys

Medalist
Hehehe...I am sorry, I am not a fan of Kanako (it is probably obvious if you look in the right places)...but I will say that one area where she does impress me is in her energy. She does not seem to tire even towards the end of her LPs.