Ladies - Long Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too bad about the fall on the second lutz and the splat on the 2A (wonder if she's working on a 3A?).

But despite all this I LOVE her skating, can finally get excited about another skater from the former Soviet Union (Oksana Baiul remains #1 for me).

Lol, can't believe I wanted cry there at the end, combination of the music and her face, et al.

Then I seen old troublemaker in the background at the very end of her spins and I felt differently, lol. :D

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
106. WOW! Can you imagine what she'll score when she has all the combos and jumps under her?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mirai Nagasu

3Lo+2T
2A+2T
ChSp - they changed that on from SC
3Lz+2T+2Lo - e, not much speed
FCSp
3Lz
3T
3Lo
2A
SlSt
CCoSp
LSp - not as fast as she can do

Solid w/ the jumps, but she didn't sell it. Where is her speed?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice job by Mirai, but I felt the whole time she was just going through the motions, getting the job done, which she did. :)

Still, I miss the old Mirai with the spark and happiness. Also, never noticed before but she looks as out of shape as Rachael does. :(

Nevertheless, she should be in 1st.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She was clean, but I feel she should behind Adelina. There was no life to that program at all.

ETA: 112. Colour me surprised.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner

3Lo
3F - holds onto landing
ChSp
2A
FCSp
2A+2T
3T+2T
3S
3S-three-turn+2T+1T
SlSt
FCCoSp
CCoSp

Another solid performance... some mistakes but I didn't expect to do so well again

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I missed the second half of Carolina's program b/c my computer crashed. Odd, and it's brand new. :(

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Carolina was not perfect, but I love this program. And given she got 117 when it was perfect, it will be interesting to see how she scores here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also is it wrong to say that I prefer this skate from Carolina even with less harder triples than Mirai's? I don't know...this program just works for me!

ETA: 120?! That seems very very high for me for what she did technically.....oh well, I wanted her to win so...??