Men - Long Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men - Long Program

CassAgain

On the Ice
Yay, Jeremy! (And congrats to NO and NS!) So glad I delayed my run to "watch" in real time.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Abbott!!! So happy for him - what a craaaazy freeskate overall, but artistically Abbott was just above them all. Such beautiful skating.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists! Before the competition I thought Abbott and Oda would take Gold and Silver and Gachinski or Hanyu would fight for 3rd. But what a skate by Song! And what a competition.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) 228.49
2 Nobunari ODA (JPN) 227.11
3 Nan SONG (CHN) 226.75
4 Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) 226.53
5 Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) 222.54
6 Richard DORNBUSH (USA) 205.27
7 Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) 204.41
8 Jialiang WU (CHN) 182.49

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is a great start for Jeremy. Though he wasn't technically perfect, he didn't let that affect his well-choreographed program. This will surely help him for his next GP.

And how about Richard Dornbush with a top 4 TES?

Nationals is going to be quite interesting...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's like 2008 again! Nobody expected Jeremy to win CoC back then, either! :yay: Is another GPF title in his future, too?

I just wish Hanyu could have done enough for a medal. So close... I hope they'll find some way for him to improve his conditioning despite the asthma.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wow, talk about a nailbiter. Two points separating 1st and 4th?!

I'm over the moon that Jeremy finally won a Grand Prix again. He popped that axel, but I think he's finally got that one free skate where he feels free and fulfilled after a performance regardless of the technical content.

And here I thought I was the Jeremy fan. I think Nadine has me beat. :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow that was a roller coaster of a splatfest!
I m happy for ABott, this program is fantastic, if only he could jump he would have been hard to beat!
Nan Song, doing the happy dance, had spotted him in juniors when he had won the silver medal!:clap:

Hanyu and Gatsinky, heart broken. Hanyu has a wonderful program though, I loved it, falls and all he is really special!
And whats up with Arthur was he injured, I know he is not the fastest skater up there but still i thought he had a boot problem, he was too slow. In the test skate this program looked great with many positive reviews. He didnt sell it at all :( I guess both wont be at GPF?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nan won the Free Skate but Jeremy won by PCS.

GP Men's competitions have been exciting except for the exceptionally poor Skate America.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals:

Nan: (1st in FS, 3rd overall) Well what can I say? He racked up more than 38 points in the first three elements. And if he didn't leave some points on the table (level 2 step sequence, edge call on the 3F, the 1T in his 3A combo) he might have won this!
Nobu: (second in FS, 3rd overall): two edge calls on his flip and lutz? Hm.... UR on the 3F, which was counted as a fall. He also had a level two spin. On the positive side, he got a 1.43 on his 3A-2T-2L and a 1.71 on his solo 3A. Nice work!
Jeremy: (third in FS, 1st overall) - the 4T was fully rotated, so he did get 7.3 points even after the -3. Otherwise, no UR or edge calls! And the 4T was the only element with -GOE. Solid GOE on the Axel at 1.29 and 1.30 GOE on the step sequence. Nice.
Yuzuru: -GOE on his 3Z and his two falls on the 3A-3T and the second 3Z. Great GOE on both the 4T (2.00!) and 3A (1.57)
Richard: (5th in FS, 6th overall) - UR on the 3Z, negative GOE on the 4T, 3A-3T and the 3Z-2T-2L But positive GOE on everything else.
Artur G. (6th in FS, 5th overall) - Negative GOE on several jumping passes. Only level two sit spin
Kevin - Well DG on the 4L (nice try!) and UR on the 3A and a edge call on the 3Z. But his highest scoring element was the 3F-3T-3L, which racked up 16.45 points, the highest scored element of the night!
Jialiang - UR on 3A and edge call on the 3F.

Jump elements (8 jumping passes)

Nan: 70.36
Kevin: 63.44
Nobu: 58.64
Richard: 59.49
Jeremy: 51.16
Yuzuru: 54.33
Artur: 52.88
Jialiang: 51.26

Non jump elemnts (3 spins, 2 step sequences)
Jeremy: 18.51
Yuzuru: 18.47
Richard 17.29
Artur: 16.16
Nan: 16.09
Kevin: 15.86
Nobu: 15.66
Jialiang: 12.23

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So it's looking to be a good year for Team Sato/Dungen so far: 2 wins on the GP from Alissa and Jeremy. Who would have thought?

Morning Glory

On the Ice
What should I say about this competition. Only 1.96 points between Jeremy and Yuzuru. I am happy Jeremy, Nobu, Nan on the podium, but I do want Yuzuru to win.

I love Jeremy's programs. Beautiful music, beautiful skating.

As for Nobu's music, I don't like this arrangement. I love this movie and music, but in this arrangement I felt as if two different music were played. His landings are really nice to see, very beautiful and smooth.

I haven't watched Nan's performance yet, but it's nice he is on after disappointed senior debut.

Yuzuru... I noticed he didn't got edge call on his flip. He fixed his edge in this short period? Then, this may affect his Lutz.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Bad news about Hanyu and Gachinski falling off the podium. Just like Euros this year when it looked like Gachinski, AModio and Brezina and then Joubert and Verner come back and medal. Abbott and Oda showed that with mistakes they can beat new people who are are clean or have equal mistakes. Obviously Abbott is not going anywhere with a freeskate with one triple axel! He fell on a rotated quad and singled an axel or a flying upright spin and a 3S+2T combo! This comp turned out worse than Skate America!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Jeremy, Oda and Song. Very nice podium.

Jeremy's program was brilliant :clap:

tdnuva

On the Ice
Two programs which were not clean - but if you watch Abbott and Gachinski you can see the difference good choreography AND good interpretation makes. It's pure joy to watch Abbott and simply boring to watch Gachinski. Imho of course, but I'd say this is not only taste but a matter of quality.

sunny0760

On the Ice
I already knew Song is a very good jumper always doing a gorgeous 3A but I see he is also a better skater than I had imagined. To see this improvement is stunning.:yay: His SP yesterday had a good attack and energy too so if his PCS had been a little more generous, he would have won this event. This FS was, what would I say, squeaky clean:clap:. What a skate! He even showed some personality and presence. I clapped all the time in front of my moniter. Well, as his bronze is surprising enough, the third place might be even better than the first place. He has no fear to lose. I am so excited for Chinese men. Han Yan and now Nan Song! Get good choreographers to them.

Jeremy, you were poetic! :rock: Jeremy and Yuka co-choreoed this? Wow! So so about the costume but if compared to last year's disastrous one, this is so much better. I don't think Jeremy and Yuka Sato have a very good sense about this area. But OK. Don't like popping jumps. His spins look better than last season. Jumps are not there yet.