Men - Long Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men - Long Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, when Jeremy skates like this I have no words, in tears, such a beautiful soul. Now this is the rare case when I think a quad doesn't matter (though he needed that second 3A imho).

This program, choreography routine ranks up there with John Curry imho ~ a male ballerino on ice ~ exquisite, exquisite, exquisite...

And his spins are on a dime (a specialty of the Satos).

Ahhhhh, no words, just soul....

Okami

On the Ice
I thought it was something minor early in the Summer.

He struggled with severe knee pain since before Worlds and he had a corrective surgery just after Worlds. It was mentioned during the Japanese Summer Training Camp that he still couldn't practice jumps back then and so just went thrugh his spins / choreo during the camp. The posters at Nobunari's homepage and Mao's fan forum reported that Nobunari had a check-up at the hospital again and the doctors said his injury isn't completely healed yet and he should take it easy on the jumps.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
149.17 for Jeremy and he's in first. AND YES 80.50 in PCS. I was sick of him getting 7s.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN)

Music: Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong

4T - nice!
3A - solid, spread eagle entrance
3F
FSSp
3Lz
CiSt
3A+3T - hard fall, too bad
3Lz - fall again
3Lo
CCoSp
2S
FCCoSp

Too bad about the mistakes in the end... is it because of the asthma?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry my mind's on Jeremy Abbott, he makes all the others out there look like boys, where he stands alone as a man. A beautiful one at that.

Whatever the outcome of tonight's results, Jeremy is and will always be an artist, on ice. My God. If only he could skate like this consistently...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I knew Hanyu would have problem in the later half. A fury at the beginning, then slow music and skating for most of the rest of the program, but still too much to handle.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I do love this program from Yuzuru....but yeah he's got to figure out his stamnia issues.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh my gosh. I think Nam Song might get on the podium....

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Artur Gachinki (RUS)

Music: Interview With A Vampire (soundtrack)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (soundtrack) by Wojciech Kilar

4T - fall
3A - stepout
3A+2T
FCSp
CSSp
CiSt
2S
3Lo
3Lz
3Lz+2T+2T
2A+2A+SEQ
ChSt
CCoSp

Where will he place? I don't know...

herios

Medalist
He struggled with severe knee pain since before Worlds and he had a corrective surgery just after Worlds. It was mentioned during the Japanese Summer Training Camp that he still couldn't practice jumps back then and so just went thrugh his spins / choreo during the camp. The posters at Nobunari's homepage and Mao's fan forum reported that Nobunari had a check-up at the hospital again and the doctors said his injury isn't completely healed yet and he should take it easy on the jumps.

Thanks for the info

Nadine

Record Breaker
Artur's off the podium, and rightfully so. Though I loved his SP, this one not so much, but it may grow on me and I will feel differently if skated clean with conviction and perfect jumps.

As of now, he doesn't have Evgeni's nerves of steel and mind of power!

Jeremy Abbott wins, and deserves to 210%! :cool:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also it just occurred to me that Jeremy also might WIN THIS!!