We Have Sadam | Golden Skate

We Have Sadam

Antilles

Medalist
Maybe everyone is glued to the news. I'll have to admit I'm shocked. I never thought they'd get him.

C

Cactus

George W. Bush to Pentagon underlings, "Noo! This is too soon before the election!"
Dick Cheney, "There, there, we still have Osama in the wings."

Wonderful timing on the Saddam capture. The world gets rid of one awful tyrant for good, and it gives the US population just enough time to forget all about it come time to depose their native tyrant: George W. Bush.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Cactus although I disagree with you on the Dr./skater thing I TOTALLY agree with you about George W.

Piel

John King

Final Flight
We Have Saddam

Cactus,such a gratuitous remark about President Bush is an insult to the untold thousands who died at the hands of Saddam.In America,as in Canada,there is democracy.

Piel said:
Maybe hell did freeze over last night!
Piel, I know it was damn cold in NY! But then it's traditionally been a Democrat state.

Still, gotta give Dubya his due. He got his man and it was his day. Speaking of days...

Cactus,
ROFLMAO! You may get dinged for that by some as the thread gets longer, but I sure loved it. The Republicans are coming to NYC to have their convention in August. It's good to know that the Evil Empire of the US for the GOP four years ago and especially in '92 when the Dems had their convention here is now embraced as "a place of national honor." Yeah, wait till the drag queens storm the Garden.
Rgirl

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Re: We Have Saddam

John King said:
Cactus,such a gratuitous remark about President Bush is an insult to the untold thousands who died at the hands of Saddam.In America,as in Canada,there is democracy.

thank you for letting me know I am not the only one who can show support for the US of A and our President!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! YEAY BUSH!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe now we can make Saddam Hussein tell us where he hid the weapons of mass destruction.

Mathman

Lanie

On the Ice
Eenie meenie miney mo
Catch Saddam by the toe
If he hollers hear him say
I surrender, USA!

A friend told me that. :D

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lanie said:
Eenie meenie miney mo
Catch Saddam by the toe
If he hollers hear him say
I surrender, USA!

A friend told me that. :D

AWESOME! I love it!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
There is much jubilation for the time being, unfortunatley due to "man's inhumanity to man" someone else will just take Sadam's place.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Cactus, I enjoyed your comments, too.

I'm glad Saddam was captured, but it's not the end of the story, yet. Our boys and girls won't be coming home tommorrow because of the capture. Based upon his living conditions, it is highly unlikely that Saddam orchestrated all those attacks upon the coalitions forces and the shiite leaders. This area has always been very volatile for many reasons - even before oil was discovered there. The chaos has left the borders open to Al Quada operatives. There are 3 different native factions battling for control. Strong anti-American sentiment exists throughout the entire region.

It's going to take a lot of time to bring a stable peace to Iraq (let alone to the Middle East) and even then I think it would always be precarious because of all the rival factions. The US's best hope should be government that is friendly to the US and humane to its people. It is not reasonable to expect an American democracy in that area and would be wrong of us to try to impose it upon them. I just hope we back the right parties.

As we've said before, not supporting Bush does not equal not supporting the troops. They've done their duty, but I don't think Bush has done his, as far as foreign policy is concerned. JMHO.

One of the things that makes this country great is that we can express disapproval of our leadership. If we didn't have that right, we would be living under the same tyranny as the Iraqui's have been for the last several years.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I support the troops, love the U.S. A., can't stand Bush.

Piel

eliza88

On the Ice
Ditto Piel, ditto heyang!

Do you think we would have our troops over there if Iraq did not have mucho mucho $$$$$? I am happy Saddam was finally found. He is one very bad man--I just wish we would have gone into Iraq with worldwide backing. Invading Iraq and capturing Saddam has made us more enemies than friends...

eliza88

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Saddam Hussein's oldest daughter told Al-Arabiya television network today the family of the former dictator will hire the best attorneys it can find to fight for her father. In a phone interview, Raghad Hussein, 35, said the family believes Saddam was drugged after he surrendered to U.S. troops. "This is not our father," she said. "This is not how he would act."

How far should loyalty go? Doesn't his daughter know of all the terrible things that he did to his people? If he was my father I would be ashamed and horrified at what he has done. Doesn't she get that he killed and tortured thousands of people:confused:

John King

Final Flight
We Have Saddam

Is this the same daughter who,with her sister and their husbands,defected to Jordon some years ago,later under the promise of an amnesty,returned to Iraq,only to see their husbands killed by Saddam's secret police?Are they that stupid that they've forgotten what he does to his own in-laws?