Pairs Short Program Nov 11 2:45 AM EST on IN | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program Nov 11 2:45 AM EST on IN

Nadine

Record Breaker
My gosh, was it my computer, or were they skating in slow motion?! Seriously, I'm not being facetious, this has to be the slooooowest pair I've ever seen skate, period.

Cute, but so sllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yep, I'm on IM, and my screen froze out a few times (not during the performance thank goodness), I just refreshed and tada it worked! :cool:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The British commentators would have put them in 1st place. They said so. :). I would give them about 3-4 more points than what they currently have.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Yuko fell on the triple toe. First time I've seen her fell on the triple toe.
Then stepped out on the throw loop. Oy. They're just skating for silver at the NHK this year.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think IN is having techical issues. :( Now I'm thinking the slowness is due to them, not the last two pairs that skated, my apologies.

Anyhow, I like this RUS pair, but soooo wish a Russian pair would come along like G&G and even Elena & Anton (but without Elena's dead pan face).

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Then stepped out on the throw loop. Oy. They're just skating for silver at the NHK this year.

Yes, many mistakes for them:(
Now, will S/S go for the 3A? I'm so excited!!1

Nadine

Record Breaker
Haven't really enjoyed pairs in a long long long long time now. :(

I think the last time I really got into international pairs was when Stephan Bernadis skated with his phenomenal wife. :cool:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Girl S fell hard on the 3A throw. Severely underrotated that one.
Guy S doubled the SBS toe.

Oh boy.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
B/S always made mistakes. They had lovely programs. But I feel K/S have even better programs than G/G and B/S. Tamara doesn't shortchange her students. She gave everything she got to them.

Nadine

Record Breaker
The only thing I like about this pair is their p-o-w-e-r and the fact that they are so risky and go for anything!

But other than that, this is not a pair in terms of being two halves of a perfect whole, as Dick Button would say. ;)

Seriously, like two individual skaters skating out there. And have I mentioned how much I HATE bowed legs. :p

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Very impressed by S/S. They went for that 3A to stay competitive.
Hate Girl S's outfit. That diaper thing she's wearing is not cute at all.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yuko fell badly and injured her chin last year's GP at Japan, too. I have a feeling that she gets really tense and nervous to skate at her home country presumably because she wants to excel really badly. poor girl. She tries so hard. :cry:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The program overall looked better than at Skate America. They look so surprised to see they are in first place :)) (Did Aliona said something not very nice at the end of the program?)
That 3A was sooo close! Such a shame!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
S/S look like Z/Z in their better days. Huge throws, fast, ugly costumes. They always look so tacky.

I would put T/T first after the short program.

Yuko did a beautiful triple toe in the warm up, too bad she couldn't repeat that in the actual program.