Pairs Short Program Nov 11 2:45 AM EST on IN | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program Nov 11 2:45 AM EST on IN

auser

Record Breaker
The only thing I like about this pair is their p-o-w-e-r and the fact that they are so risky and go for anything!

But other than that, this is not a pair in terms of being two halves of a perfect whole, as Dick Button would say. ;)

Seriously, like two individual skaters skating out there. And have I mentioned how much I HATE bowed legs. :p
missed you saying it, but thank you!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well that was a disappointing SP. Everyone had mistakes and not one team scored
60 or better.

Poor K/S in 5th ouch. They should move up in the FS they have a beautiful program.

eta: I loved T/T program.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Funny to see such animosity towards S/S when they got such praise in Skate America, especially for the LP.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
There's no way K/S would finish with less than a silver.
I'm hoping T/T can get a bronze. They are just too good looking a pair to not get a medal.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Funny to see such animosity towards S/S when they got such praise in Skate America, especially for the LP.

None from me. I am a S/S fan. Love their skating. Edgy, sharp and different. By the time Worlds arrives I bet Aliona has the 3A perfected.

mousepotato

On the Ice
K/S will have no trouble making up the points to win a silver, but with that being said

I wish Yuko would retire and let Smirnov finish his career with a partner he can win with.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
did you think this program was skated as well as SA?

In SA they had problems with the 3Twist and the mistake on the 3A made them look like they were behind the music. Today they made big mistakes as well but the program overall looked more polished than in SA, they were skating to the music, not trying to catch it. I am talking only about the short programs. The LP in Skate America was gorgeous.
Even with all the mistakes there are lots of things to appreciate about this team, not only their power. Their step sequence from today was a highlight for me.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
K/S will have no trouble making up the points to win a silver, but with that being said

I wish Yuko would retire and let Smirnov finish his career with a partner he can win with.

Oh please! Last week, Yuko did a triple toe - triple toe sequence. Smirnov did what? triple double. He always doubled the second triple. Between the two, he's the weaker one. If anything, he would drop like Maria Mukhortova in the ranking with a different partner.

If you start counting the mistakes they made, he certainly has quite a rap sheet.

gold12345

Medalist
Are all the pairs suffering from serious jet lag? Everyone was off today. I'm surprised S/S continue to go for the throw 3A, but then again, I'm not surprised, because they can win even if they crash it. Their short program is fantastic, and I think they held it together a little better today than they did at Skate America.

Takahashi/Tran's program is gorgeous, as is their skating. If only she wasn't so limited technically. I absolutely love the quality of most of their elements.

mousepotato

On the Ice
Oh please! Last week, Yuko did a triple toe - triple toe sequence. Smirnov did what? triple double. He always doubled the second triple. Between the two, he's the weaker one. If anything, he would drop like Maria Mukhortova in the ranking with a different partner.

If you start counting the mistakes they made, he certainly has quite a rap sheet.

Always? Give me a break.

She is by far the weaker one, she may have heart, I'll give her that but she has fallen far more than he has and he has much more grace in his skating. She is all elbows, knee caps and jazz hands. She can't point her toes to save her life. She has to fight for every landing no matter if it's a throw or a jump. She gave it a good try and now it's time to move on, she is pushing 30 and he can at least do two more Olympics.

mousepotato

On the Ice
Are all the pairs suffering from serious jet lag? Everyone was off today. I'm surprised S/S continue to go for the throw 3A, but then again, I'm not surprised, because they can win even if they crash it. Their short program is fantastic, and I think they held it together a little better today than they did at Skate America.

Takahashi/Tran's program is gorgeous, as is their skating. If only she wasn't so limited technically. I absolutely love the quality of most of their elements.

K/S came from China on Monday, so they had two extra days before anyone else with only a one hour time change, so jet lag would not have been an issue for them.

auser

Record Breaker
In SA they had problems with the 3Twist and the mistake on the 3A made them look like they were behind the music. Today they made big mistakes as well but the program overall looked more polished than in SA, they were skating to the music, not trying to catch it. I am talking only about the short programs. The LP in Skate America was gorgeous.
Even with all the mistakes there are lots of things to appreciate about this team, not only their power. Their step sequence from today was a highlight for me.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply... I should have mentioned that my online GP subscription didn't include SA, so I was unable to view their SP. I too, enjoyed their SA LP(via TV). Thank you for updating me on the quality of the preformances.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Always? Give me a break.

She is by far the weaker one, she may have heart, I'll give her that but she has fallen far more than he has and he has much more grace in his skating. She is all elbows, knee caps and jazz hands. She can't point her toes to save her life. She has to fight for every landing no matter if it's a throw or a jump. She gave it a good try and now it's time to move on, she is pushing 30 and he can at least do two more Olympics.

Why do you think they stopped doing 3T-3T sequence? In 2008, they were doing that and he ALWAYS failed. The last time they did the 3T-3T was in 2009 World LP, and he doubled the second 3T.
They restarted the 3T-3T this year, and he failed again.

Lest you forget, he randomly fell in the SP at World this year. Skipped a 2A at the Olympics. He's a weak jumper. She has problem landing the throw jumps.

Let's call a spade a weak partner. People have said many times how much better she is than he, how elegant and flexible she is.

mousepotato

On the Ice
Why do you think they stopped doing 3T-3T sequence? In 2008, they were doing that and he ALWAYS failed. The last time they did the 3T-3T was in 2009 World LP, and he doubled the second 3T.
They restarted the 3T-3T this year, and he failed again.

Lest you forget, he randomly fell in the SP at World this year. Skipped a 2A at the Olympics. He's a weak jumper. She has problem landing the throw jumps.

Let's call a spade a weak partner. People have said many times how much better she is than he, how elegant and flexible she is.

He has only fallen once in his career on a jump at the 2008 Europeans and once last year at worlds on footwork. So only twice has he fallen in his competitive career since 2004. Yuko OTOH has fallen 6 times on jumps (5 triples, 1 double) and 10 times on throws (6 quads and 4 triples) she has doubled and singled just as many as he has.

They stopped doing the 3T SEQ because they couldn't do both the SEQ and the 4STh together at the beginning of the program; it was too much, so they switched to the two 2A in the middle.

It's fine to admire Yuko but you also need to recognize her flaws. People complain about Yuko's lack of line and good posture all the time so I'm not sure who are the ones who say she is better than he is.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
He doubled the 3T-3T too many times.

And since when is a fall on a throw solely the fault of the girl? If he has to land a throw, I'm sure he'll find a way to double it, too.

They stopped doing the 3T SEQ because they couldn't do both the SEQ and the 4STh together at the beginning of the program; it was too much, so they switched to the two 2A in the middle.
They stopped doing the 3T SEQ the same time they stopped doing the 4STh.

mousepotato

On the Ice
No they did the 3T (or 2T), 4Sth (3S), 2A+2ASEQ...look it up except for Olympics when it was changed during warmups, I'm starting to think you know nothing about this pair