Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST

emma

Record Breaker
I love Kazuka, but was surprised by those scores....yes, Dai fell on the flip. Jumps weren't quite as solid today, but the first triple axel after the fall was spot on. And he sold that program.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wahoooo! Daisukeuuuuw! Oooooooh Yeaaaah!

Right now, I say give Dai Worlds gold! Abbott, silver; Let Chan and the others (Brezina, Kozuka, etc.) battle it out for bronze and 4th.

herios

Medalist
OK, so I just watched Menshov on youtube. I would like to know who was the idiot to make the music selection???

"Claire de lune" sandwiched in between some electronic noisy crap?? Debussy would turn in his grave..:eek:

evangeline

Record Breaker
OK, so I just watched Menshov on youtube. I would like to know who was the idiot to make the music selection???

"Claire de lune" sandwiched in between some electronic noisy crap?? Debussy would turn in his grave..:eek:

HAHA and the weird birdy sounds too!

auser

Record Breaker
I don't even care what score Dai gets. He is sooo much an artist. Didn't you love the fan wiping the sweat off his brow!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Whoa, Dai's PCS!

I'm good with it, though. I still hate Blues for Klook, but he skated beautifully.

emma

Record Breaker
wow, seemed like very high scores for first and second...but wow, they are good skates and I really enjoyed them both. and Ross in third!!!! congrats to all the medalists!!!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Wow, 259.75 for Daisuke. He really ground the competition to dust, didn't he? 24 points above Kozuka (!)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Man, it sucks to miss the whole competition, and just see the ending. Seriously, it takes away everything.

Anyhow, great that Daisuke won, as expected, but I see that none of the Japanese top dogs (Dai & Takahiko) has been able to land the quad, which means Patrick Chan has no competition whatsoever.

Too bad, I like to see a close competition like at the 2010 Olympics.

Will watch the mens fs tomorrow, too tired to watch it late tonight. These GPs wear one out, lol. :D

:love:CONGRATULATIONS, DAISUKE, ON YOUR WIN HERE AT NHK, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR EXQUISITE PROGRAMS!:love:

I don't even care what score Dai gets. He is sooo much an artist. Didn't you love the fan wiping the sweat off his brow!
Yes, like Saint Veronica!

Dai was a rockstar playing the audience. At least he gets that fall out of the way first thing. After that he saved everything even though the jumps were not perfect like yesterday. Oh, I have loved this young man since Olympics 2006. I still remember that fluttery lavender shirt and his musicality. But he has transformed himself.

One thing about him is that he never sleepwalks a program like most of Kozuka's tonight. He gives it his all.

ETA: Buttercup, I didn't like Blues last week but it really grew on me tonight. He really does play this skate like a musician. Amazing.

jChamp

Rinkside
Holy Ordinals! 6+4=3 for Miner. I'm glad he grabbed the bronze, though!!!

And Takahashi DEFINITELY made up for the otherwise :disapp: night of skating. I think his scores are a little high for what he put out, but just a little.

As an aside, I really hope Armin ditches his FS before nationals. Getting lower PCS than Menshov and Mroz with THOSE skates should send a message, I think.

As an aside, I really hope Armin ditches his FS before nationals. Getting lower PCS than Menshov and Mroz with THOSE skates should send a message, I think.
YES. I am a big Armin fan, but this program was worthless IMO and the costume looks cheap. His distinctive elegance wasn't there. He is in danger of losing himself. I hope he and Priscilla can find a solution fast.

ETA: I am still worrying about Mroz. What happened to him?

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Mroz has to be the most boring skater in the history of the universe. Most boring Carmen I've ever seen!

WHY would Armin get lower PCs than him? Armin's program was generally well-skated and actually somewhat enjoyable.