Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST

auser

Record Breaker
Tomas seems to be having trouble keeping his balance this weekend, too bad. Was nice to see him skate again though

treeloving

Medalist
Yes, I am talking about the German Eurosport. The Russian channel 2 is closed right now ... I hope there is still a chance to watch ... *sighs

Lets try keyhold TV, it a progran that allow you to watch Japanese channel. You can download it and choose NHK channel. The quality is not perfect but at least we can watch!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Exactly. This has nothing to do with Jeremy. Goes back to the....80's at least.

Jeremy is the one who started the "trend" for it again this season. Not saying that its never been done before. Skaters are inspired by each other all the time. What is wrong with saying it? Nothing that I can see.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Sure but can't deny that Jeremy started the trend for it again this season, can you?

Don't all skaters (including Jeremy) get their programs choreographed in the summer? I think Jeremy is more like part of the trend instead of the trend-setter.

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Sure but can't deny that Jeremy started the trend for it again this season, can you? .

Common now, you think they wait to see what the other competitors do until they make their choice? they cannot pull together a program in a few weeks. Be serious.

LEESTARR

Rinkside
Tomas VERNER CZE
Technical Elements 63.89
Program Components 71.78
Deductions 2.00
Segment Score 133.67

Current Rank in Free Skating 1
Overall Score 196.63
Current Overall Rank 1

evangeline

Record Breaker
2 skaters do not make a trend, by the way.

Well, I remember that quite a few of the men at Cup of China had vaguely swingy/bluesy/jazzish programs. Kevin Reynolds, Artur Gachinski, Nobunari Oda? But perhaps I am muddling multiple genres here.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Common now, you think they wait to see what the other competitors do until they make their choice? they cannot pull together a program in a few weeks. Be serious.

Seriously, Jeremy announced his program during the summer and said he would be training with West Coast swing champions Benji Schwimmer and his father, Buddy. That could have been before Javier and Tomas (and Reynolds -- yes, he was the other one I remember noticing and enjoying this season) came up with their program ideas. If it wasn't then, wow, that's something everyone coming up with the same idea to do swing programs independently in the same season. Enjoying them all, so again, what's the problem with voicing what I observe?

LEESTARR

Rinkside
Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA
Technical Elements 61.12
Program Components 61.94
Deductions 1.00
Segment Score New SB 122.06

Current Rank in Free Skating 2
Overall Score 185.58
Current Overall Rank 2

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The obvious trend for me is the predominance of black costumes in every discipline. I can't see what they are wearing at NHK Men FS though. :cry:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I liked Verner's program in general. The footwork part was highly entertaining, and will get better as the season goes on. However, he wins the award for most awkward falls in a competition - flat on his back during footwork in the SP, into the splits on the 3A a minute ago, and another fall on the footwork after hamming it up. lol.