Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 10:55 pm EST

emma

Record Breaker
I did purposefully leave out the word transitions...anyway, maybe it's just me.

Art&Sport

Medalist
You've awoken my curiosity, so I did some research. Do you know when exactly did Jeremy first announce his programs? The earliest article I could find was from IceNetwork (can't link to it) in July, while Tomas announced his choice of Sing, Sing, Sing in May (run this article through Google Translate: http://others.sport-express.ru/reviews/13618/). Not sure about Kevin or Javier, though....

Interesting. Not sure of the exact date Jeremy announced -- but word-of-mouth within the sport is always a possibility before anyone announces. Nobunari has a similar swing theme in his fp. Re: predominance of black costumes -- must be Evan's influence ... with his black designer outfits at the Olympics.

jChamp

Rinkside
Dear Lord...It felt like Menshov's program lasted about three hours. Clearly not his day....

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I did purposefully leave out the word transitions...anyway, maybe it's just me.

I find his skating a bit like Buttle's, except without the sophistication of choreo.. maybe that will come in time. He's kinda like Brezina too.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Buttle's programs actually didn't have as many direct transitions as people make it out to be. What he had was great movement and highlights inbetween the jump elements. In terms of transitions right into jumps it was only like 2 of his jumping passes in his World Championship skate.

Miner's program this year doesn't do much for him. He does have transitions before 3 jumping passes, though, and that amount might increase at Nationals.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Influence aside, I think Contesti pulls his suspenders much better than Jeremy does. What was great about his program was the way he performed it, staying in character throughout and pulling in the audience while landing the jumps. Very enjoyable.

Homologate, LOL.

Yes, let's homologate Contesti's suspender pulling.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
*Sigh* the videos don't seem to be coming up as fast on youtube. Maybe the user just doesn't like Machida and Menshov.

Meltdown for Mroz. A fall and 4 pops before I couldn't watch any more. He looked so unhappy coming out to skate - did he have a bad warmup? Something wrong? Poor guy.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yes, the free program tends to weed out the pretenders to the throne (or rather, the medals). Sorry for Mroz, but he needs a lot of help with artistry.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
What's with Mroz always looking like he couldn't be arsed? Kinda reminds me of James Franco at the Oscars. Good looking yet dull!

Go Kozuka!!