Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Sat. Nov. 12 at 2:30 am

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Finally the judges are rewording him again for his superb skating. I don't know if 90 is too much or no, but from my book he could get 100, that's how good he is!

jettasian

Match Penalty
Holy cow, Dai's tech mark's been inflated like crazy. No way he got 46 on that without a quad!!! Javier didn't even get that in SC. I guess the judges want to send the message...

Nadine

Record Breaker
My God, FlattFan (& everyone else), I swear you have to see him skate live, there's nothing like it, never experienced anything like that before. Young & old alike were bedazzled by him, and the women no matter the age wanted to you know what, even I! :biggrin:

Seriously, this guy's got charisma & sexuality like no one else, I still remember writing "this must be what it was like to see Elvis Presley perform live in person."

And he knows it, lol, with that charming dimpled handsome face, that grin he gives you in the front row, OMG, be still my heart. :love:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
If I'm not mistaken, Takahashi just received the highest PCS ever in the SP for a male performance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just took a quick look at the protocals....Daisuke actually only got a level 2 for his spin. But otherwise, look at that crazy GOE. and a LEVEL 4 STEP SEQUENCE. AWESOME.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
I'm so glad Daisuke decided to continue after Torino Worlds. Where does he find motivation?! Hats off to him!!!!!!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Watch the program as he performed it at 2011 Europeans. It's actually quite a good one for him, aside from that awful Camel-change-Camel.

I did. And I enjoyed more it because he performed much better that day. I didn't like the concept and choreography any more, though. Conductor-miming is an irritant of mine.

skatinginbc

Medalist
Daisuke totally deserves the scores. I would have given him 10s across the board (Ok, maybe one or two 9.5s just to leave room for improvement).

Art&Sport

Medalist
Dare we hope to believe that the judges will continue to reward Dai for such a great program, when skated so superbly, even w/o a quad. I wonder.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
OMG! OMG! Brilliant skate from Dai. :love:

He skated like a champion. Bravo!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Daisuke got higher scores for all non-jump elements except the combination spin than Patrick at SC.
Anyway I'm so jealous of those who were there live!!!