Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Free Dance

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Did the Shibutanis really end that far behind the music or was the audio off? I thought they were much more crisp and fun here than at Cup of China.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
What happened to W/P? No way that the Shibs beat them if they went clean. Did they have an extended lift or something?

gmyers

Record Breaker
worthless cutesy crap with no merit but technical merit. No merit in that whole program. S/S are just the worst and shows ice dance is far too technical

FlattFan

Match Penalty
They were lowballed on the PCS. There's no way I/K and W/P have better skating skill and transition compare to the Shibs. The judges are willing to put a bunch of teams above them and they are the reigning world bronze medalist. This is alarming.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the Shibs, the "comeback kids" well deserved Gold. The audience went nuts after their performance.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I didn't see that much of S/S just some clips because they are so awful and kind of grotesque but did see the results

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
What a milestone for Maia and Alex! :cool: They had the opportunity today and they delivered!!!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I didn't see that much of S/S just some clips because they are so awful and kind of grotesque but did see the results

Gargoyles are grotesque. Witches are grotesque. Corpses are grotesque. Two beautiful young adults are not grotesque. I understand you hate them, and I don't care for their programs this year either, but please understand the context of the language you're using.

gmyers

Record Breaker
LOL - their programs and their performance of them are grotesque to me. It's not like I don't know the definition of the word.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols out. The Shibutanis won on levels - they had two points on the other medaling teams. The Shibutanis will make the GPF. W/P are likely to.

jChamp

Rinkside
I'm so happy for them!

Interesting fact: this is the third time W/P have beaten the Shibs in the SD only to fall behind overall after the free (2010 SA, 2011 4CC, 2011 NHK) and the second time this has happened with I/K (2010 NHK, 2011 NHK) in the past two seasons.

I kinda wish S/S would lead after the SD once in a while...it would be less stressful for their fans :laugh:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Love them or hate them, but these two youngsters are closers. They deliver when it really matters., eg. last year's nationals, worlds.