Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Free Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, their first 2 lifts are in Auntie Doris's book of stock lifts for dance teams. The first one is similar to the first one of the Shibs, but it's also similar to forty leven other teams' lifts. Here's what I&K had for lifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuNieI6uDs

Lift one - 1:21 rotational with Elena in a hair cutter, Nikita aborts getting on one foot (may be intentional, Nikita's arm about her waist

Lift 2 - 2:43 repeat lift one with Elena clasping Nikita rather than the other way round.

Lift 3 - 3:25 This one is interesting, if clumsy. Nikita clasps his arms about Elena with her free leg over his arms. She jumps into being cradled on his chest. She then rotates about Nikita over the back of Nikita's neck, while he gets on one leg. The dismount ends in a kiss (Elena on one foot on the dismount)

---

Lift four- 4:52 Nikita is in a lunge with one knee sliding on the ice. Elena's leg is wrapped about his other knee and she is stretched out parallel to the ice (to end pose). (The judges were not impressed with this lift and it got poor GOE. I wonder whether it was the part about being on his knee during the lift?

DianaSelene

Medalist
Well, their first 2 lifts are in Auntie Doris's book of stock lifts for dance teams. The first one is similar to the first one of the Shibs, but it's also similar to forty leven other teams' lifts. Here's what I&K had for lifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuNieI6uDs

Lift one - 1:21 rotational with Elena in a hair cutter, Nikita aborts getting on one foot (may be intentional, Nikita's arm about her waist

Lift 2 - 2:43 repeat lift one with Elena clasping Nikita rather than the other way round.

Lift 3 - 3:25 This one is interesting, if clumsy. Nikita clasps his arms about Elena with her free leg over his arms. She jumps into being cradled on his chest. She then rotates about Nikita over the back of Nikita's neck, while he gets on one leg. The dismount ends in a kiss (Elena on one foot on the dismount)

---

Lift four- 4:52 Nikita is in a lunge with one knee sliding on the ice. Elena's leg is wrapped about his other knee and she is stretched out parallel to the ice (to end pose). (The judges were not impressed with this lift and it got poor GOE. I wonder whether it was the part about being on his knee during the lift?

I find most of their lifts uninteresting. However, the lift (I think he talks about the first one) that Dots says was taken from the Shibutanis was not. They had the same one last year and it happened to be similar to what the Shibs did. But it's just a boring old lift that many pairs used, not one that they stole.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations Shibs, I mean Maia and Alex:) These kids are amazing! Love their pure deep edges and precision and great unison. Powerful and light at the same time. W/P improved this season too. congratulations for another podium finish!

:love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, I'm not worried about the politics or the lift calls or timing issues... I thought both the Shibs and the Canadians were great... I enjoy Maia and Alex's skating just a tad more... so the difference of .09 is fine by me...

did NOT like Ave Maria.... maybe it's just because they skated so roughly, but the choreography does nothing for me. And the German's Romeo and Juliet is not a great program either (don't care what Blumberg says... the music is yuck as is the choreography!)

Binthere

On the Ice
so sorry late,
but congrats to all medalist and skaters.

In my book, no apologies needed when it comes to kind and decent words.

Almost shocking to see in a skating forum frankly, so late is always better than never in my opinion.