Li
ChSp
CCoSp - nice unison
Li
BiDs

Shame about the doubles from her.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think if she gained a little meat on her bones she would be better able to land the side by side jumps instead of singling them (also land the throw jumps stronger), but one can definitely tell she's from the Russian School of Pairs Skating -- impeccable line, posture, hands, etc.

Good job. :)

I&M... this couple got screwed by their costume designer. The program isn't that bad but the way they look is first and foremost extremely odd. She singled or doubled all her sbs's and two footed a landing... an off night.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kavaguti/Smirnov

Music: Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy

3T
3FTw - not the highest as usual, but clean enough
3STh
BiDs
FCCoSp - good unison
ChSp
2A+2A+SEQ - she stepouts on the first, but completes sequence
3LoTh
Li
Li
Li - diff variation
PCoSp

Solid performance, should be enough for a medal - but which color?

K&S - exquisite program. Some problems on her part but not huge ones. She doubled a jump... ETA: oh maybe I'm misremembering and it was just that stepout.

BackStage Barbie

On the Ice
I&M... this couple got screwed by their costume designer. The program isn't that bad but the way they look is first and foremost extremely odd. She singled or doubled all her sbs's and two footed a landing... an off night.

The costumes are very fitting for A Chorus Line.

Nadine

Record Breaker
There's always such a sadness about this pair, especially her, thus I find this music perfect for them, as well as the choreography, packaging, etc.

She tries soooo hard, especially after finishing a devastating 4th at the Olympics (first time Russian Pairs didn't medal, similar to how American Ladies finished 4th as well at the Olympics, first time in history an American Lady did not stand on the Olympic Podium).

Anyhow, I can't help but feel sorry for his pair. :(

skateflower

Match Penalty
K/S are much better than yesterday. But her jarring line, those ugly lift position, and spins... What is the British commentator smoking? LOL.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Why is she so sad about an SB?

This kind of score won't be competitive at worlds. As I said, this season they can no longer get those outrageous marks even with a relatively 'clean' skate. I think S/S, V/T and P/T will easily exceed them with a relatively clean skate. The British commentator said she landed a throw quad sal before, which is news to me. I think she tried many times but never cleanly landed.

icemusings

On the Ice
I wouldn't call that program mostly clean. There were a lot of bobbles here and there. I think their biggest program is her being healthy. Her arms were covered in muscle tape and that has to make a lot of those pair elements extremely difficult.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I can't help but wonder if T/T should go into ice dance? Takahashi cannot jump to save her life.

You don't think they could pull their scores up the way the Shibs just did? There was room for improvement there.

Also, P/T remains to be seen... but thanks for explaining, I'm sure you're right.

skateflower

Match Penalty
I wouldn't call that program mostly clean. There were a lot of bobbles here and there. I think their biggest program is her being healthy. Her arms were covered in muscle tape and that has to make a lot of those pair elements extremely difficult.

They always have some bobbles in those so-called clean skates. Judges were generally to them in the past.