Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST

seniorita

Record Breaker
european hours for Gp at last:yay: it almost feels strange not to be there this year!

II like Song, but any RFAD program should be banned.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds (CAN)

Music: Chambermaid Swing by Parov Stelar

4S+3T - 4S two-footed, perhaps UR?
3A
FUSp
3Lz - landed, but not much height, perhaps "e"
CCSp
SlSt
CCoSp - nice variations

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALLLRIIIGHHGHGTTTTTTTTTTTTT, KEVIN!!!! :love: :love:

He always makes one want to get up & dance, such fun, soooo very loose & limber. His spins are divine and super fast. Just too bad about the slight two-foot on the 4/3 and the 3A may have a slight UR, but his one-foot fw down the ice was FAB, as well as everything else! :love: :love: :love:

This is the best skate I've seen from the Scarecrow in a long time. He's noticeably more elegant but really needs to do himself a favor and change his hair and program approach. I'm tired of these fist-shaking swing routines.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexander Majorov (SWE)

Music: Soul bossa nova (from "Austin Powers" soundtrack) by Quincy Jones

3A - messy, hand down
3Lz+3T
3F - fall
CCoSp
SlSt
FCSp
CSSp

Majorov is not at fighting weight. Yet another fist-shaking swing routine. Ugh. I just hate those and they're so flippin' popular in this sport!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love those super fast rotations the Swede gets on his jumps, and his 3/3 was the best! :cool:

Lol, he reminds me of the mini-me in Austin Powers, so short & stalky looking. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thus far I've been duly impressed with Romain Ponsart of France ~ his toepoint & turnout remind me of the best in the biz (aka John Curry & Emanuel Sandhu) ~ he must have a great balletic background. Now I'm truly excited for France after Brian Joubert leaves, they'll have the wonderful talented Romain to take over, he just needs to land those jumps (easier said than done I know, but his quad was gorgeous). :cool:

And Kev, as always, was a sincere delight (btw the colorful banner of his right by the ice is SUPERB, one cannot miss it, lol). :love: Kev's problem is that he needs to fully rotate his jumps, as he is prone to UR and downgrades. But I'm just happy he landed his 3A! :love:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I love those super fast rotations the Swede gets on his jumps, and his 3/3 was the best! :cool:

Lol, he reminds me of the mini-me in Austin Powers, so short & stalky looking. :)

Mini-me? Ouch. This is the kind of music and absurd character so easy to emulate and project, which wouldn't win respect and big marks. To fail in portarying Austin Powers is a discouraging failure.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Florent Amodio (FRA)

Music: Summertime by George Gershwin
Jumpin Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

3A - good
3Lz+3T - holds onto landing
3F - ok, probably "e"
FCSp
CCoSp
CiSt - good attack
CSSp - screws up entrance, will it be invalidated?