Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program, Fri. 11/18 at 9 am EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
To tell the truth this GP event to me personally is the least exciting in ALL disciplines, but I will watch since I'm a f.s. fan. :cool: I'm looking forward to COR by far!

As to the men here, the only ones to do a quad were Romain Ponsart (gorgeous, but he messed up on all his other jumps), Kevin Reynolds (UR, two-foot, not much height), and Nan Song (beaut! and he landed all his other jumps, but his speed is really slow).

So the aforementioned tells me that one needs a quad in order to compete with the top dogs, as it should be, unless of course one is Daisuke Takahashi or the subline poetic Jeremy Abbott. But even they need a quad in order to win gold, not just silver or bronze. Jmho. :)

Ravensque

On the Ice
Woot, woot for Patrick. I love that short program, and don't mind seeing it again this year. He really throws his "all" into it. Looking forward to the Long though...that one is a masterpiece. I expect he will skate that one clean by the time Nat's comes around....(and Worlds) :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Maybe that was part of it as well. For whatever reason, I didn't get the spark or enthusiasm, as if it was another day of work and good job done. And yes, good job done.
Job well done with a UR'd quad fall? I'd hope that the reigning world champion would be held to a higher standard.

Is Nan Song going to GPF???? :D Yey!

Also TEB without alleeeee Brian is not a real TEB!
1. Well there is the LP still to be skated.

2. For sure.

skatinginbc

Medalist
He also needs a hair cut. I just hope he doesn't channel Kevin Reynold's hair...

It's odd that so far this year, Chan's 3A is more consistence than his 4T?

The more I read your posts, the more I'm amazed we have a lot in common in our opinions.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
What happened to Oda?!:scowl: Missing jump combo, having 3Lz edge call, and no credit for the last spin. He's only got 27.52 on TES.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
glad to see chan do well on the 3 axel...and you are all right, it's a hair cut that is needed, in addition to rotating and landing that quad!

Can someone explain the GOE's on Rippon's opening Lutz, I would have thought +2 across the board. thanks in advance.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
At CoC, Song won the LP with the score of 154.03, BV 79.40. I admit I feel the danger coming from him even though he is among the worst in PCS.

Also Brezina will be up his game plan from SA by adding quad into his LP.

If there is no real surprise, I think the podium will be among Chan, Song, and Brezina.

I wouldn't say Chan is a lock for gold. It will depend on his jumps in LP. He'll win PCS in this field for sure.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I couldn't tell if Patrick rotated his quad or not but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole program, such flow with a constant energy of joy and freedom that goes with a very difficult beat of music. :clap:

If Kevin didn't receive hair deduction, why should Patrick? ;)

edited because in skating, it's about hair deduction, not reduction! Nobody deserves hair reduction no matter how they skate or look!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
He patted it down at the K&C whereas all the spinning tamed and improved Kevin's. :)

I don't get all the demand for Patrick to cut his hair. He's young and could have a longer and cooler style instead of being so no-nonsence.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I don't get all the demand for Patrick to cut his hair. He's young and could have a longer and cooler style instead of being so no-nonsence.

Patrick's SP is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkfwH9fx6lU

SkateFiguring, I was kidding around before I even saw his SP. Now I've seen it. His hair was fine with me.

Eta:

That 3A was gorgous! The general tone of his SP was much better than I thought and read. Except that unfortunate 4T, it was a good SP.

Last edited:

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
What is up with the CONSTANT semi-bashing of Patrick Chan on this forum? Seriously people, use your eyes or get some better knowledge of what it takes to be the best!

It seems like whatever he does it's not good enough for some of you! :disapp:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
What is up with the CONSTANT semi-bashing of Patrick Chan on this forum? Seriously people, use your eyes or get some better knowledge of what it takes to be the best!

It seems like whatever he does it's not good enough for some of you! :disapp:

I hope what you say doesn't include me. Or I have to say something.;)

emma

Record Breaker
I absolutely adore Chan and as i said, love to see his 3 axel so good. I just worried that he looked ill - like he had a cold; and someone else said he needed a hair cut, and frankly, could see it - but not in a mean way at all, and it was more a joke than anything; I mean what else can you say, not a great quad, but the rest looked like a walk in the park (even if the jump combo wasn't excellent, it was really good) and it is just amazing that he can do that. Anyway, not really the best SPs overall, and poor, poor Oda , i Just feel for him. but looking forward to the Longs and ladies sp.