Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP, Friday 11/18/11

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thought I would start it for all you pairs' lovers fans out there. :biggrin:

ps: I'm not one of them. ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I used to like this CAN pair (specifically her with her old partner), but not too much anymore since I learned about her personal life off ice, though I know it shouldn't affect the on ice skating, but hey I'm only human.

Nice program, but pedestrian split double twist, otherwise all elements landed and bluesy feel to it. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor French Pair (btw whatever happened to the split triple twist!?! seems like nobody's doing it anymore :( ). Their lifts were ugh and their spins weren't much better either. Need tons of work.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This Chinese pair has been the best thus far, and that's not saying much unfortunately. :cry: Seriously, this field seems to be made up of the D-LIST. :eek:

And this haunting beautiful music always make me want to cry; best performance by far was Michelle Kwan's to "The Red Violin"; did justice to both the music and the movie. :love:

ps: finally, a split triple twist! :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
oops, spoke too soon, they're second, probably due to not being able to land the sbs jumps. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Finally, some somewhat quality pair skating by the B/C list. :biggrin:

Nice split triple twist. :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Can nobody come up with skating music other than Aranjuez? It's getting worse than the multiple RfoD programs a couple of years ago.

Coming in late, had to see hubby off on a trip! Is this better than Men's so far?

I have a pic on IN. You can always close it and reopen.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nope, everything working a-okay here, crossing my fingers though b/c I've been having problems here & there with IN the last couple of GPs, though I personally don't mind with the pairs, as MENS is my favorite discipline, followed by Ladies. I'll have a canary if it goes out during them. :eek: :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I was just starting to really love this RUS pair, then he fell on the death spiral, and the look she gave him is priceless! :eek:

Seriously though I love their unique innovative creative use of the music "Bolero", same as Adelina Sotnikova's. :love: And the gorgeous use of her flexibility on the pair lift was exquisite, not to mention their throw jump was the best in the biz! :clap: But they only did a split double twist I think. :confused:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Yikes, they got hammered. Btw, her white sports bra showing through the sheer fabric was not good.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yeah, that mistake was devastating - it'll invalidate that element and threw them off completely. Which is devastating, because they were spot on for the first half - the step sequence was ridiculous, that flip was S/S-esque, and the choreography was fascinating. S/K are a team for the next generation though - I can see them as world champions.

Do E/L have jet lag too? Something was off in that whole program. No magic at all. And she fell on the SBS. Even their overhead lift was disappointing coming right after the spectacular one by the Russians. And she needs to get down in the death spiral.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
E/L have a lovely program, but their technical weaknesses on the jumps are bothersome. But that throw and the lift... gorgeous.

Also, hating pairs step sequences in general, despite S/K.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahhh, nice classy American Pair, I seriously could watch their stroking all day long (I LOVE fabulous stroking). Except for the fall on the sbs jump by her, everything else really really good, but she really does need to work on her leg line & toepoint.

Still, I'd say it's going to be a dogfight at US Nationals between this pair & D&C.

ps: I used to not like this pair b/c I thought they were wrongfully chose to go to the Olympics over the pair that was the first to do a throw 3A, but now I've changed my mind, I'm starting to love this American pair as well (same as D&C). :love: :love: :love: