Ladies SP, 11/18/11 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP, 11/18/11

Sigh. I guess Alissa will beat out Murakami on spins and PCS, in spite of the jump bobbles.

Is anyone else bothered by her habit of hunching her shoulders to express delight?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, just when I'm starting to warm up to Alissa Czisny, her barely rotated jumps give out on her. :(

Still, she should have the highest PCS out there, she's exquisite, her absolute best program yet, bar none. Music, choreography, costume, elegant look, feel for the music, smile, et al, simply the best...

Ahhhh, I can now see her as World Champion in 2012.

Finally, I'm a fan, she almost made me cry. :) :love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
The fixed smile on Alisa 's face throughout the whole program annoys me somehow, it looks like it is choreographed. Not out of joy. And I wish her great spins were going with the tempo of music, like Mao's. The dress is gorgeous.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Another darn, my computer crashed at the beginning of Carolina's skate, so I don't know what she did, did she land her jumps?

Still, her & Alissa should be close, Carolina's loooong colt legs never end, and when she's on she is exquisite. :love:

emma

Record Breaker
oh dear...crazy slip. I enjoy this program so much though.

I love Alissa's program - but boy, I wish for her to rotate those jumps and jump with power....other than that, it is lovely to watch her skate. I do agree that the plastered on smile is annoying, but I appreciate how hard she is trying to give the "whole package" kind of performance.

She touched down on her 3Lo I believe. ETA: SkateBarbie says 3S.

Well, she still beat out Alissa. There is a God.

IMO this was a better competition than the men's. Almost everyone skated well and there were some nice surprises.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: to whomever said Alissa has an unnatural fixed smile, I agree, always have, but today it went with the program. Still, I don't like the unnatural cheshire smile; I recall Jason telling her to smile last year at Nationals, in the K&C, and she put that fixed on colgate smile on. My only complaint. :)

Okami

On the Ice
Another darn, my computer crashed at the beginning of Carolina's skate, so I don't know what she did, did she land her jumps?

3T-3T, 3L possibly with a slight touch down (but rotated), great 2A. But then she spilled on her footwork. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well that was fun, way better than pairs, and I got introduced to a new favorite ~ Yretha Silete! :clap: As well as in Mens, I'm now a fan of Romain Ponsart. I love it when that happens, I add more exquisite skaters to my list of FAVS! :love:

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Holy cow her mule kick is just as bad as Tara Lipinski's! :eek: And she needs to work on her leg line, but not a bad skate, good in fact, like how she uses her fingertips. :)

yeah, that mule kick reminds me of one of the American baby ballerina's a few years back...names escapes me at the moment.

Caroline Zhang? Let's hope Murakami doesn't experience the same slide.

Anyone else feel Meite was gifted? I thought Silete was much better.

bekalc

Record Breaker
ps: to whomever said Alissa has an unnatural fixed smile, I agree, always have, but today it went with the program. Still, I don't like the unnatural cheshire smile; I recall Jason telling her to smile last year at Nationals, in the K&C, and she put that fixed on colgate smile on. My only complaint. :)

Audrey who Alissa is channelling (I believe) did smile a lot but Audrey wasn't plastic, she had other expressions than just a smile. For most of the time I think the smile works, but I actually fine the constant and only smile to be off putting. Everything else is beautiful (arms, head etc).

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Just when I was thinking "it's so nice to see Carolina skating so well and with confidence", she goes down on the steps. Still, it's her first fall this season and her third competition, which, for Carolina, must be a record or something :biggrin:

dwiggin3

Final Flight
She touched down on her 3Lo I believe. ETA: SkateBarbie says 3S.

Well, she still beat out Alissa. There is a God.

IMO this was a better competition than the men's. Almost everyone skated well and there were some nice surprises.

See, I just don't get the gush over Caro. IMHO, her long limbs and height makes her awkward. Reminds me of Buteryskya which you all know I'm not a fan of (thou Caro has softer knees). Alissa is somehow able to make her height a asset - though I agree this was not her best performance. In the end, I think Alissa's scores were correct and I thought Caro's technical scores were too high but would agree with the overall placements.