Men's Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 7:30 am EST | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 7:30 am EST

Just getting ready.

Today's marathon makes yesterday look like a walk in the park. Skating fans work so hard! ;)

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Chafik BESSEGHIER
FRA
10 46.43
2 Romain PONSART
FRA
9 50.03
3 Alexander MAJOROV
SWE
8 62.12
4 Nobunari ODA
JPN
7 62.95
5 Kevin REYNOLDS
CAN
6 65.56

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Florent AMODIO
FRA
5 71.42
7 Adam RIPPON
USA
4 72.96
8 Michal BREZINA
CZE
3 74.32
9 Nan SONG
CHN
2 76.53
10 Patrick CHAN
CAN
1 84.16

Last edited:

icemusings

On the Ice
I love it when both of you guys are doing pbp. I may not comment but I read every word!

Thanks for reading! Please comment any time. I love to know what other people think of the programs!

The first warmup group is on the ice and we'll be underway here shortly.

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:GOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROMAIN PONSART, KEV, ADAM, NAN, ET AL!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Land the quad every time out, guys, if you want to play in the big leagues (aka Worlds & Olympics). :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, Romain had trouble landing every single quad he attempted in practice...hmmm....

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love the opening music to MASSIVE ATTACK! However, the whole time I kept picturing Oksana Baiul skating to it, hers to "Safe From Harm" was the best ever, bar none. :cool:

The jumps that Chafik landed (aka lutz & axel) were gorgeous, excellent height & depth, Joubert would be proud! :clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Rough skate by Romain, but I applaud him for going for the quad, and his attitude on the upright spin has to be one of the finest I've ever been priviledged to see. :cool:

But the whole time I was picturing A&P skating to this, their iconic program, and was wondering if Gwendal loaned Romain his outfit, then dyed it purple. :biggrin: :love:

But Chafik struggled with so many of his jumps. And Ponsart was worse (?), barely getting off the ground in some of them. A disappointing skate for him, I'm sure. Neither had interesting programs. Ponsart wasted the Balcony Scene. (Although what's he going to do with it all by himself, lol?) They sure looked good, though.

ETA: Their total scores are .06 apart! Chafik is about 3.5 pts higher in the FS.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Man, I'm soooooooooooooo upset, my computer crashed right when I was really getting into this Swede's performance, which I LOVE! :love: BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!! :clap:

I don't give a fig about the jumps b/c he sold the performance, love it! And the height, rotation, and depth he gets on the jumps is incredible, reminiscent of that magnificent jumper from Canada that beat out Kevin Reynolds to go to the Olympics, then retired. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Having a canary b/c my computer crashed again! :bang: :mad: :bang: I don't understand, it's brand new, just bought it last month, the latest fanciest version, et al, then this. :cry: :bang:

So what did Oda land?

Very little. Disaster. Heartbreaking.

I think there were one or two clean jumps in the program. The 3A was fine. Otherwise - pops and falls, even on FW. Poor Nobu.

He's such a classy, loveable guy, and it seems like a good program for him. Maybe at Nationals he can pull it off. At least the audience was supportive.