Men's Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 7:30 am EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate, Sat. 11/19 at 7:30 am EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh no, it looks like Oda is crying, heartbreaking, I know he has a family now, new baby, et al. I hope he can recover & go to Worlds.

:love:DON'T GIVE UP, NOBUNARI ODA, YOU WILL RISE AGAIN LIKE THE LEGENDARY FIREBIRD, YOU HAVE EXQUISITE JUMPS WHEN THEY'RE ON!!!! :love:

ps: what happened to Kev, he withdrew?????? :confused:

icemusings

On the Ice
It was really tough to watch Oda's program. He looked so miserable and after two of the falls he took a really long time getting back into it. He really didn't look like himself today.

sorcerer

Final Flight
British Eurosport is doing the cross country skiing now.
Where can I watch the men's FS ?
Thank you in advance.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
For all the sacrifices Oda makes to train away from his family...........Why? Why this from an seasoned top tier competitor? Well, a top tier skater, but not a top tier competitor.

Figure skating competition is a cruel event.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really really cannot stand Amodio's programs this year nor his gimmicky costuming, choreography, et al. Last year he was on fire, and rightfully so, but this year he has turned into a one-trick gimmicky pony/clown.

I did like the "birds chirping" during the middle of the performance, it reminded me exactly of Surya Bonaly's exquisite exhibition performance at the 1994 Olympics, where she landed a ONE-FOOT BACKFLIP, incredible! :eek: :love: She really stuck to the ISU b/c her landing on *one foot* should've been allowed, as long as the jump takes off on one and lands on one foot, that's all that matters.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Is it to late for Amodio to change his LP. Sorry but this program, music and choreography is beneath him.

What passes for a jumping clinic in this comp is provided by... Adam Rippon. 2 clean 3As and a Rippon 3Lz should put him on top easily. Some problems but clearly the most successful program of the comp. It's so cute to see him make faces at the end, but before he started I kept yelling, "Forget the hair!" at the computer. (He kept patting it.)

Oh, I see the Ripp Lz was UR. I still think he'll be on top.