Ladies LP, 11/19/11 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/19/11

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy cow, I just got through looking at the times and realized this will *not* start until another 1 1/2 hrs.! :eek: YIKES!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh Wow, Yretha has such big huge powerful jumps, lovely to see! :love: And she's costumed nice & elegantly, whereas her countrywoman Mae is once again wearing a bright neon color (this time pink) :eek: and the baby amongst them looks to have an interesting costume per usual for the French. :biggrin:

And Sonia LaFuente's gorgeous dress reminds me of the one that Nancy Kerrigan wore for her LP at the 1994 Olympics. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol about coaches, I was just reflecting how pretty Yretha's coach looks, similar to Isabelle Rosselli. :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I like the concept & costuming of this program for Lena. :) You can tell she's supposed to be Quasi Modo's love interest in Notre Dame, however she looks more like a child than a woman. :biggrin:

Still, better than her SP imho. :)

Lena M. is a very good skater but it seems she just doesn't quite have the jumps yet. She keeps your attention, though. The music and program are attractive - Notre Dame de Paris, a nice combo of lyricism and drama that suits her youth.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yretha Silete (FRA)

Music: Xotica by Rene Dupere

3Lo
3F - fall
3T+2T+2T
ChSp
3Lz - very tilted, fall
LSp
SlSt - not much speed
2A
FCSp
3S - stepout
2A+2T
CCoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just when I was thinking how Yretha reminded me of a more advanced version of Surya Bonaly (better leg line, toe point, et al), she goes down on a couple of the jumps. :( It was easy to see her axis was off on the 3L, and unlike Evgeni Plushenko she doesn't have cat feet.

Still, I ENJOY Yretha's skating. :love:

ps: and I love the unique position & fast rotation she gets on that one spin, all her own. :)